BC Boards

What Border Collies seldom understand...

... is the mere fact "mum" gets out of bed does not mean the throwing of toys and endless games of fetch will ensue...

.... Just because car keys are picked up.... Border collies are going for an adventurous walk...

...... Cats do not like to be herded... EVER!

"That staring at the ball then at me will not will me to throw the ball, nor will the ball throw its self if you stare at it long enough"

My ex-foster, Rhys bach, whose hobby was training random strangers to throw his ball, had very close to 100% success rate in willing people to throw his ball, so he would claim that your statement is demonstrably not true.

* That my baby is not misparented due to a lack of licks, and the "fake licks" I get from the package are perfectly adequate for keeping her clean

* I also bathe her multiple times a week, so really, I SWEAR am keeping my baby licked enough, thank you.

* That in the past 5 months, my time to bathe border collies has shrunk to basically emergency-situation only. Therefore, there is no need to skulk, tremble, and hide downstairs under the guest bed multiple times a week when I fill the bathtub!

(however, what border collies understand PERFECTLY is that babies sure do love a few face licks, unnecessary or not, a couple times a day :wub:)

...that turning on the DVD player doesn't always mean sheepdog training or trialing videos are forthcoming.

...that someone taking a seat at the computer doesn't always mean sheepdog training or trialing videos are forthcoming.

Sigh.

• 1 month later...

...that putting on my socks doesn't always mean we're going for a walk...

...that me picking up the hose doesn't always mean I am going to wet you...

...that kangaroo poo does not make good perfume or breath freshener, and if I wanted a green border collie I wouldn't have chosen a red one... rolling in it also pretty much guarantees that I will wet you with the hose...

...people that visit don't always want extra white hair on their clothes, nor do they always want you to kiss their expensive shoes...

...that not everyone loves you and wants kisses from you...

My ex-foster, Rhys bach, whose hobby was training random strangers to throw his ball, had very close to 100% success rate in willing people to throw his ball, so he would claim that your statement is demonstrably not true.

My Jester has made a career out of training human beings to throw anything that is in reach so he can fetch it. He agrees that staring hard enough and long enough at something often willresult in its being thrown for the border collie. :P

...that boxes/packages that come through the front door are not yours. And your assistance is not needed in opening the boxes.

...that if you happen to be going out the front door at the same time the UPS guy is walking down the driveway, it is not your job to 'inspect' the box he is carrying. (But I thank you for not putting your paws on him.)

"…is that vacuum cleaners, in and of themselves, are not fatal to border collies…"

and do not require heading and heeling until safely stabled in the hall closet.

Nor brooms, shovels, rakes, blenders or coffee grinders. It's hard to get to the blenders and coffee grinders, so it's best to keep running in circles near the noise until they show their faces.

Archived