BC Boards

Tulsa

juliepoudrier

Some of you may have noticed that Betty (Little Bo Boop) hasn't been around the past few days. I just found out that she lost her old Thoroughbred Tulsa a few days ago. Many of us have become quite familiar with Tulsa as a subject of many of Betty's lovely photographs. I know that many of us are past or present horse owners, and so we understand that the loss of a long-time equine companion is as devastating as the loss of any other pet. Please keep Betty in your thoughts and prayers to help her through this difficult time. Hopefully when she's up to it, Betty will come here and give Tulsa a more proper memorial than I can.

J.

Betty,

This was written for another horse - a mare that I had equine-assisted therapy with. But she's not the only horse I felt this way about. I offer this, and my condolences. You and Tulsa had a long trail together. I doubt if he could have had a better life than the one he had with you.

To Zana

Your eye holds shelter from the storm

that spins inside my mind.

Your heart enfolds my own with peace,

and lets my soul unwind.

Your satin coat beneath my hands

brings tears of joy that spill

from eyes run dry by fear and loss,

and hopes long dead and still.

My hands reach out to feel your warmth

and touch your velvet skin.

Your courage helps me to reveal

the things I feel within.

You are a horse, whole and complete.

You know yourself – and I,

can get a glimpse of who I am

When I look in your eye.

GGB

Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space

There must be some sweet pastured place

Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow

Some Paradise where horses go.

For by the love that guides my pen

I know great horses live again.

~ Stanley Harrison

Via con Dios, Tulsa. Horses also wait at the Bridge to be reunited with their loved ones.

I'm so sorry to hear about Tulsa. I can only imagine how much his loss hurts. One thing I no longer have to imagine though is how a horse grabs onto your heart. I know now. I'm living it now and others, like you and Tulsa are an inspiration to what the human/horse bond can be like.

Thank you for sharing Tulsa with us.

RIP old boy.

Betty, I'm devastated to hear of Tulsa's passing. He was a grand old boy. When I am able to, I will be buying another picture from you that features the handsome old man. He will light up the walls of my house as I'm sure he illuminated your life through the brief years he spent here on Earth. *hugs*

Archived