BC Boards

Sheepdog Finals Webcast

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a new national sheepdog champion team in Pat Shannahan and Riggs, with Tommy Wilson and Sly in reserve and Alasdair MacRae and Nap third. I'm guessing Wendy Schmaltz' 4th place run, combined with her good showing at the cattle finals means she get the combined sheep/cattle award? Congratulations to all of them, and a huge THANK YOU to Heather for all the tweeting and to everyone who made the webcast possible. Awesome!

J.

So sad I missed so much of it - can't sit at the computer like I used to, sadly. But ZOMG how awesome! I hope this becomes a new tradition each year. And I will be looking for it on-demand.

was sure great getting to watch the finals from the comfort of my home. Great runs! Congrats to Pat and Riggs! Of course I had to root for Crue's daddy and I'm very sad he gripped at the end, but he still did a great job! I hope the finals next year are broadcast on the web too! This was so great! Thanks to everyone involved in making it so good for us at home!

Never been to a sheepdog trial, and this is my first one to see on video. I didn't watch yesterday - yesterday was, well, too weird. But I saw the last three runs today, and had to take extra anxiety meds during the shed that ran out of time. Even my dog was excited...

Great presentation. And no irritating "gladiatorial" music and hype. The commentator was great. Riggs is a big doggie, eh?

Wonderful. Now I have to tank up on xanax and go see one in person! :rolleyes:

Donald, I thought the webcast was paid for by USBCHA and ABCA...3/4 of the cost from USBCHA and 1/4 form ABCA. I don't mind thanking Serta, Am Lamb and Black Gold if they were sponsors of the Finals in some other way, but I'd like to be sure of what I'm thanking them for.

Amy

Dear Doggers,

Amy wrote:

I thought the webcast was paid for by USBCHA and ABCA...3/4 of the cost from USBCHA and 1/4 form ABCA. I don't mind thanking Serta, Am Lamb and Black Gold if they were sponsors of the Finals in some other way, but I'd like to be sure of what I'm thanking them for.

Thank them for sponsoring the Finals.

Donald

I wrote all three sponsors, then I wrote to Whole Foods and asked them to carry American lamb, which they don't at least in New Orleans. I'm going to write a few other smallish to small chains as well that have high quality meat departments. Near me that would be Fresh Market (they may, I have to check), Langenstein's, and Rouse's.

Penny

Heather (or anyone who remembers), what was the "target" number of viewers for the webcast? I thought I remembered it being posted somewhere in one of the early threads about the webcast, but I was unable to find it either here or on the other forum. What were the results? Was the target number hit?

Just read on FB 2,687. Don't know what the target was, but Heather sounded pleased with that number!

A

For any of you that have never seen a sheepdog trial ... this is better than any youtube video you'll find.

USBCHA FINALS WEBCAST

Spent a few hours over the weekend watching. Unbelievable!!!! The whistle's got the attention of our 2. They were watching the screen with heads turning back and forth....

The webcast was amazing - I hope this well become a regular thing for the Finals! :rolleyes:

Dear Fans,

Those who enjoyed the webcast can help make it happen again by emailing/ facebooking/electronically thanking Certa, the American Lamb Board and Black Gold Dog Food.

Donald McCaig

Thanks, I will definitely do that!

Is there any word about whether this broadcast will be made into a DVD? Repeat viewings of those teams working would be a valuable tool for learning/understanding what a talented dog/handler team do.

I also hope that the finals can be purchased via a DVD. I tried to watch the finals as much as possible, but with a slow connection (8-10 seconds of video alternating with 8-10 seconds of "loading") I became frustrated and stopped watching. I would love to watch the runs in a complete version. (I am not sure that PPV would be any better for my situation.)

Jovi

Archived