BC Boards

Sheepdog Finals Webcast

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching it now... this is great. I told my husband it's like I'm there... but not really ;-) Really wish I was there!!

What's the average age of these dogs? or is there one?

Another question - the handler is instructing the dog to Lie Down - the dog is not doing it but still achieving the goal. Is this a display of the dog thinking on its own and knowing what is best or blowing off the handler?

A lot of them will say "lie down", but as long as the dog stops movement, it's ok with the handler. Sometimes they may insist the dog is on his belly, but lots of time, a pause, or a standing stop will get the job done, so that's all right.

I'm no expert, so hopefully someone else will weigh in. :rolleyes:

Please do not forget to send an email off to info@500films.com and let them know what you think of the webcast!

ETA: I just got my email kicked. If anyone has the correct email address for the webcast folks, please post it. Thanks!

I tried to email my thanks, too. Bad addy.

One more thing, then I'll shut up.

The webcast is WONDERFUL! :rolleyes: I'm not getting anything done.

I was so impressed by the 11 year old (Ben?), who had his bad sheep run all the way back to the exhaust fence, and still got the course done in time. Good boy!

ETA: I've seen a lot of nice runs, but missed the first 4 hours, darnit.

Excellent job all the way around. And I agree, Jodi, Ray is the best there is! I also like the occasional view of the clock, and the handler and dogs' names...just nicely done.

A

Excellent job all the way around. And I agree, Jodi, Ray is the best there is! I also like the occasional view of the clock, and the handler and dogs' names...just nicely done.

A

Definitely- I am very impressed with the quality of the video, very easy to follow the action and enough changes in camera angles to keep you paying attention. Does anyone know if the Finals will be available for replay? I can watch a few dogs in the morning but will miss a huge chunk of it before I get back home.

Jaime, I was thinking the same thing. I missed a few runs from this morning that I really wanted to see. And ... every time I walk away from the screen, you hear Ray say something like, "DID YOU SEE THAT? WHAT A GREAT SAVE!" ... and of course ... I was filling my glass or something! I imagine we'll be able to buy the DVDs.

Archived