BC Boards

Husband critically ill

bc4ever

So glad to hear things are going better for your DH, and that you worked out a good scheme for Scooter! My DH had open-heart surgery in January, and for a while I didn't know if I was coming or going. Juggling taking care of my husband, riding herd on the teenage boys, and finding time to walk the dog (on top of my job), betimes, seemed like a lot. I'm REALLY glad that your DH is improving; and that you found a good support system. With luck you won't need it any more!!!

I was out of commision for close to seven months from the multiple open heart surgeries. I only kept Tess and Nan. All of my friends sponsored dogs and it helped me tons. When I was able to take care of the dogs, they all came back. Having good support of my friends was wonderful and took the worry out.

They even worked my dogs and oddly enough, everyone asked if they could buy the dog that they sponsored. I let them pick the dog they wanted to sponsor during my surgery. Everyone had their fav dog. All the dogs came back but really remembered their other family!

Archived