BC Boards

It's been a long wait

It has been nearly three years since I last posted here. At the time I was getting ready to deploy to Iraq and wanted to get a BC when I returned. As it turned out we had our third kid and I deployed once again. For a while it seemed like the timing was never going to work out. We just adopted this pup from rescue. I'm not sure if she's full blooded but she seems pretty close. If anyone can see what the mix may or may not be I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

BWLpost-7773-1282509155_thumb.jpg

Bless you for choosing rescue, and thank you for your service to us all!

Your dog is very pretty, and she looks purebred to me.

Congratulations, keep us posted, and more pictures please!

Amy

Welcome home, and congratulations on the new baby and new pup! What's her name? She looks border collie to me, but you know how diverse this breed can be. Her ears look just like the ears on Anna's (Stockdogranch) Riddle and Tikkle, a couple of very nice smooth-coat border collies.

And, most of all, thank you for your service.

So far she has been a great dog, her rescue name was Jetta. Since she's been in rescue for awhile we decided to stick with the name to help minimize confusion in an already confusing situation. Her energy level isn't quite what I expected but I figure after 3 years of expecting the worst, I figured that all bc's would be running around the house/yard at full speed all day. I think that my kids do a pretty good job tiring her out. We've seen a bit of the herding instinct in her though, she'll cut the kids off while playing soccer, if they don't stop she'll start to jump a bit. We are working on getting her to cut that out and don't let the kids play alone with her just yet. We are excited to have her and I'm glad that she's starting to feel a bit more 'at home' with us.

Archived