BC Boards

Extremely loud gut sounds

Little Bo Boop

Anybody have a problem with this? Well your dog, not you ;-) Both Stella and Mike seem to suffer from this about once a month, the other 3 dogs, it's never a problem. When it occurs, it is LOUD! I mean you can hear it in another room :rolleyes: Stelly's makes so much noise it actually scares her (well at least she acts scared) She had a bout of it yesterday, if even put her off her feed...I gave her some coconut oil, and that seemed to calm things down a bit...but I'm wondering what would cause this? My old Border Collie, Bob, used to have a very sensitive stomach, and if he got anything food wise out of the ordinary, it would cause him great gastric distress...All my dogs are on the same food, Diamond...nothing she could really get into...sheep poop, horse poop...but that's about it...the only thing I can think of is we are in sand (beach type sand) I know ingesting sand is really hard on the gut...do you think that could be it?

Kat does that sometimes. I've never noticed anything else in relation to it, so just figured it was one of those things.... If she's rumbling really loud, I might crate her for the night just to be safe (from accidents), but she's never had an accident related to the excessively loud rumbling.

J.

Well it normally isn't followed by loose stool, so that's not a problem. Stella will usually beg to go out and then she'll just start grazing on grass rather frantically...the biggest thing is the noise really frightens her, it does kind of sound like the exorcist ;-) I'm thinking it's got to be either sand or possibly scarfing down some of Tulsa's oats...guess I'll just start paying more attention to when this happens...

Try giving her gas x, before she normally would start, if you see a pattern.

Well it normally isn't followed by loose stool, so that's not a problem. Stella will usually beg to go out and then she'll just start grazing on grass rather frantically...the biggest thing is the noise really frightens her, it does kind of sound like the exorcist ;-) I'm thinking it's got to be either sand or possibly scarfing down some of Tulsa's oats...guess I'll just start paying more attention to when this happens...

I had a Lurcher that would have this. It was usually a sign that she would refuse her breakfast. It was an on again, off again problem for years. Then I started feeding her raw meat once a day and it never happened again. Her energy level improved, her coat got very glossy, and she was generally in better shape. Never refused her food again either.

Archived