BC Boards

Four Week Old Puppy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More pictures!!! I tried to get some perspective shots of her and my other dogs to show how small she is.

Griffin, a 46 lb big boy, and Belle

IMG_0862.jpg

Sol, a 30 lb girl, and Belle

IMG_0866.jpg

Lilo, a 5 lb chihuahua girl, and Belle

IMG_0864.jpg

And some of Lilo and Belle playing!!

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

She is developing quite the little character! Very, very friendly. That's why those pictures are taken from above, the second I (or anyone for that matter) kneel down she comes running! She is getting more and more playful, starting to really play with toys with me and the other dogs. I do have to watch out for her trying to play tug with the big dogs... one shake of their heads and she'll go flying! She and Lilo are perfectly matched however!! Lilo is thrilled to have someone to boss around that is smaller than she is! I don't have the heart to tell Lilo that Belle is going to grow...

The other pups are doing okay. Not growing quite as well and don't seem to have as much energy and definitely not as clean. And I'm a little biased that Belle is cuter!

The other pups are doing okay. Not growing quite as well and don't seem to have as much energy and definitely not as clean...

Well, it's obvious that you have superior puppy raising capacities: medical, physical, emotional, and social. I believe that for the sake of Belle and the other pups, you should take in all the other puppies as well. And photograph them. Every six hours.

Mary

I agree with Mary. I think you should get the others and get them fed as well as she is being fed. Pictures, well, I think with 3 it should be one pup every 2 hours :rolleyes:

Are the others getting fed like her? They're bigger right? I hate to hear they are not doing as well. She and Lilo will be BFF's now! The twinkle in Belle's eye now is so good to see, great job!

I'm with Karen and Mary, ALL the pups should be with you. You don't need sleep, right?

I'm thrilled with her physical recovery, of course, but her personality showing is even better news. Lilo does look like she's in heaven, having a tiny little friend. You really ought to just put up automatic cameras everywhere, so none of us have to miss a minute of Belle!

Ruth

You really ought to just put up automatic cameras everywhere, so none of us have to miss a minute of Belle!

Now we're talking! Belle Live Web Cam! A rescue fundraiser? Just in case you had too much time on your hands! :rolleyes:

Are you considering reuniting the littermates now that the remaining three seem likely to make it? I don't know much about what puppies need, but do your obviously puppy-friendly dogs (Sol! How tolerant she must be!) fill the needed socialization roles?

I stand in awe of Belle's turnaround.

She and Lilo are perfectly matched however!! Lilo is thrilled to have someone to boss around that is smaller than she is! I don't have the heart to tell Lilo that Belle is going to grow...

That's okay - someday, some bigger dog is going to look at Lilo wrong and her now-grown buddy, Belle, is going to be there when she needs some backup. Kind of like Lilo saying, "Yeah, you and whose army?" and knowing that Belle has her back. I'm looking forward to seeing their relationship grow over time as Belle grows.

Archived