BC Boards

Four Week Old Puppy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update!

Little Belle is doing quite well. She is eating very well and her potty habits are becoming more regular. She is eating her mush with goats milk and yogurt. She'll eat so much her little abdomen blows up like a tick, so tight I hate to pick her up because I'm sure it's uncomfortable. She's still peeing and pooping outside as much as she can. She's had a few little pee accidents on the potty pads in her puppy area but very few. I'm still shocked at how clean she wants to be! She is also getting a bit more playful, she's sure Lilo (the chihuahua) is her best friend even though Lilo isn't so sure. She follows Lilo around everywhere!

Her abscess site is healing but I found a new wound on her leg the other day. I had thought it was just where some food or something had dried on the back of one of her legs and in cleaning it away I found it was a scab with a sore with some pus coming out of it. She's still on antibiotics so I'm hoping that will take care of it.

She's closing in on 2 pounds!!

I'll try to get a couple of new pictures of her and post 'em tonight!

Update!

Little Belle is doing quite well. She is eating very well and her potty habits are becoming more regular. She is eating her mush with goats milk and yogurt. She'll eat so much her little abdomen blows up like a tick, so tight I hate to pick her up because I'm sure it's uncomfortable. She's still peeing and pooping outside as much as she can. She's had a few little pee accidents on the potty pads in her puppy area but very few. I'm still shocked at how clean she wants to be! She is also getting a bit more playful, she's sure Lilo (the chihuahua) is her best friend even though Lilo isn't so sure. She follows Lilo around everywhere!

Her abscess site is healing but I found a new wound on her leg the other day. I had thought it was just where some food or something had dried on the back of one of her legs and in cleaning it away I found it was a scab with a sore with some pus coming out of it. She's still on antibiotics so I'm hoping that will take care of it.

She's closing in on 2 pounds!!

I'll try to get a couple of new pictures of her and post 'em tonight!

Ah. What a little fighter. That is such good news.

Belle had a really good weekend. She's now eating like a little piggy, anything and everything that you put in front of her or that she can find, puppy mush... check, leaves... check, grass... check, Sol's tail... check! She's started to explore outside a little instead of just sitting on my feet and watching. For the first time she actually played with Lilo. Tried to chase her around the house and play bitey face. Lilo was great and really seems to get a kick out of a dog smaller than her! Belle also performed her first 'fetch'. Okay, it was a rope toy that she was chewing on (probably trying to eat it since the rope toy can't run away) that I tossed 3 feet away but she did get it and drag it back! She's still potting outside as much as she can too! Prodigy puppy!

She got dewormed again yesterday and her sores are really starting to heal! She's looking healthier and healthier! She's going to work with me today so I'll weigh her on the official scale but she certainly feels heavier to me!

Thanks again for your good thoughts for this little girl!

Thanks fort he update! Sounds as though she may have turned the corner and will be growing, gaining and getting stronger now! Lilo may just be a substitute littermate and doesn't know it :rolleyes: Prodigy pup - absolutely! It's a relief to hear that she is eating and eating, let her continue to stuff her cute little face! Hopefully now she will begin to thrive instead of just survive.

Oh, a not so slight hint - none of us will recognize her since we haven't seen a recent picture!

OMG, she is too much! And obviously she's attracted to camera equipment - I sense she will do best if photographed at least once a day. Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Thanks for saving this adorable little girl, she is so lucky to have you watch over her!

Thanks everyone! She is gaining more and more life each day. She decided that my camera case was her personal toy and dragged it all over the side yard. She also feels the need to kill any leaf that crosses her path. :rolleyes:

I'm so pleased that she is gaining weight. You can see she still has a very very round puppy belly but she's growing in general as well. She is still very small, especially coming up on 6 weeks old. I wonder how big she is going to turn out to be. She's hungry all the time now. I feed her the mush every 4 hours or so and let her gorge herself. She gets free choice water softened kibble (no milk so it doesn't spoil outside of the fridge) at night.

It's cool to see her eyes starting to focus and her really seeing me and her surroundings.

Every so often I see the look of T-R-O-U-B-L-E in her eyes. I get the feeling she is going to be a little spitfire of a dog! :D

She is going to make someone a really nice little girl! :D

Archived