BC Boards

Hi all!

Been a crazy few weeks here - we finally brought home Odin's new little sister!

4740764445_2e36f91a5b.jpg

But first he had to help his mom out - here we are laboring at home:

4743684914_a17b2bc4ea.jpg

4743086695_5c0718524d.jpg

It was really sweet - I labored at home for 57 hours (no joke!!) before going into the hospital. He shadowed me the whole time, and was very worried. Then I went to the hospital and we didn't come back for over 3 days, so he was very, very worried by then. Plus, totally sick because my parents bought him crappy food while we were gone. I had to have an emergency C-section and he has also been seriously concerned about my incision and recovery!

But it was all worth it. He loves her so much! He checks on her all the time, and really wants to lick her. Here is is trying to be good and just lick the air *next* to her. She really likes him, and always enjoys when he is close enough to stare at.

4741402694_78c4f9f776.jpg

It's so awesome what a great family dog he is already - very calm and patient with the new boring (temporary!) routine of slow short walks and not nearly as much attention. I couldn't be prouder of him. I can't wait until I am recovered from surgery and we can start lessons again, and before that more serious exercise!

Sorry the pictures are so bad but my camera really sucks, and does not handle low or artificial light well at all. I'll try to get better ones of Odin and his baby as time goes on! A new, better camera seems totally necessary at this point :rolleyes:

4742475247_385a03936a.jpg

A huge CONGRATULATIONS for the new baby and wonderful Odin (and for you making it through all that labor and delivery with a smile on your face)!

Very, very best wishes to the whole family!

Congratulations!!! Your daughter is beautiful and I'm not surprised to hear that Odin is handling all the changes like a champ!

Wahoo!!! Warmest congratulations! It sounds like you had quite an ordeal; at least my older son managed to trigger an emergency C-section after I'd only been in labor for an hour or two. Your daughter is gorgeous, and those photos with Odin are priceless. I'm sure her first word will be "doggie!!!"

But what's Odin's new sister's name????

Congrats! Oh she is simply precious! What a good boy he is. You are a real trooper too - 57 hours plus.....

So, what is Odin's sisters' name??

Congratulations!!!! She is very adorable and it looks like those two are going to have a blast together pretty soon!

57 hours :D:rolleyes: you're amazing....

Congratulations! I'm not surprised Odin is being a good boy, not surprised at all. He sounds like such a great dog.

I also want to thank you... I have never had plans for children, but you've just solidified that for me... 57+ hours... goodness.

Beautiful baby! Congratulations, and I hope you're feeling like your old self soon. The new baby euphoria helps, doesn't it?

This is a dog board, but still. What is that sweet little girl's name? How much did she weigh? How long is she? C'mon!

Definitely want more details about your brand new 'puppy'! I'm glad to hear you're recovering after such a lengthy ordeal, and that your precious baby is doing well.

The last pic, of Odin sticking his tongue out and your daughter staring at him, is priceless. Good boy, Odin!

Ruth

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and smiling at her big furry brother! Thanks for sharing these pictures, have fun with your daughter!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW she is beautiful, and you might be my new hero. :rolleyes: What a lovely full house you have. :D

Thank you everyone! I also think she is soo beautiful, but I know I am biased :rolleyes: I never thought a baby could be as cute as a puppy until now, lol.

Her name is Taiga Shay (like the taiga forest). She was only 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches, even though she was a week late! But she is very strong and healthy. :D

I also think her and Odin will be best friends. He loves kids so much, and has always been good with them. And while her arrival put a damper on our sheep-hobby-farm plans for the immediate future, I can't think of a better environment for a kid to grow up in.

Looking forward to being back on the boards, although typing one-handed can be a bit of a challenge!

Congratulations! Taiga Shay is adorable!

precious precious precious.

Even after 57 hours she looks perfect.

My last baby took 10 days, I was induced the whole time. Finally the did some other stuff and he made his grand entrance. But he looked all funny cause he spent so much time trying to come out. So glad your little bundle is safe and sound. I'm sure you're gald she's finally here and so perfect!

Odin looks really pleased with his new sis!

Congrats!