BC Boards

AAC BC/Yukon Regional Championships

Mr. Tweedpants placed 5th of 65 dogs in the 16" Specials division, earning himself a coveted podium placement.

4700590795_c41cd68895.jpg

He turned 10 years old in May, and was recovering from foot surgery, kind of. He had broken some of the sesamoid bones in his right front foot and underwent prolotherapy/sclerocising to heal them up. Three weeks of crate rest, and then he developed a raging infection in his foot. We weren't sure, up until about 6 days before the event, that he would even be able to compete. So I am SUPER proud of his effort and the result.

4701407792_757fb88bb2.jpg

He also qualified in the top 20% for Steeplechase in his class, and went on with 22 other dogs to run in the Steeplechase finals. He came in 4th and won himself $25.00

Miss Piper, my baby agility dog (she's 8!) ran in her first Regionals this year as well. She qualified for Nationals with 415 points, in something like 20th place. She qualified in Steeplechase, but didn't make the top 20% for the run off. Not bad for a baby dog though!

4701228052_073f9c317d.jpg

This is probably Tweed's last Regionals, given his age and the problems he has with his feet, so we're going to try to make it to Nationals and give it our all. Super proud of my dogs. Dex has big shoes to fill (good thing he is enormous, I guess).

RDM

Thanks everyone!

While I'm at it, I'd like to give a shout out to the TDBCR Rescue Crew for their fabulous performances at the event too.

Ten other TDBCR rescues competed for a spot at Nationals and ...

WICKED in the 16" Veterans class places 13th of 23 dogs with a score of 405 points and qualifies for Nationals!

TEMPUS in the 10" Specials class places 9th of 28 dogs with a score of 417 points and qualifies for Nationals!

SEAMUS in the 22" Regular class places 54th of 61 dogs with a score of 288 points. Maybe next year Seamus!

RYAN in the 22" Specials class places 10th of 24 dogs with a score of 414 points and qualifies for Nationals!

RUMOUR in the 22" Regular class places 9th of 61 dogs with a score of 511 points and qualifies for Nationals!

ROGUE in the 16" Regular class places 2nd of 44 dogs with a score of 525 points, qualifies for Nationals and gets a spot on the podium!

PIPER in the 16" Specials class places 20th of 45 dogs with a score of 418 points and qualifies for Nationals!

PENNY in the 22" Regular class places 39th of 61 dogs with a score of 385 points and qualifies for Nationals!

MARCO in the 22" Regular class places 22nd of 61 dogs with a score of 390 points and qualifies for Nationals!

HEIDI in the 10" Specials class places 17th of 28 dogs with a score of 373 points and qualifies for Nationals!

I am so proud of all of them :rolleyes:

RDM

Archived