BC Boards

Kevin says hello

Hello. I apologize if this is discouraged. Or if it's not in the appropriate place. Or any other number of things since I'm very new here. :rolleyes:

About a month ago I adopted a two-year-old BC from a local breed-specific rescue called Glen Highland Farms. (I highly recommend them. They were incredible to work with.) His name is Kevin and so far it's been a wonderful transition. I've been lurking here on the boards and figured I'd introduce ourselves before I start posting all willy-nilly.

Kevin came to Glen Highland Farms as a rescue from a kill shelter in Pennsylvania. He had been found as a stray there and was on the block to be put down. I fail to understand this, as he is the most charming and well-mannered little man I've ever met, even before the training we've been working on. But there it is.

His favorite activities are playing with his stuffed shark, obsessing with tennis balls (he's quite drivey), trail running (I'm competitive, and he's the best running buddy/coach I've ever had), hiking back at home in the Adirondacks, and going for long walks. He has also just completed his second beginner fly ball lesson. We're quite a busy little family, but I've found that Kevin fits into my and my husband's active lifestyle perfectly.

Thanks for all of the information and the great community you've put together here. Kevin and I will see you around.

post-11265-1276131636_thumb.jpg

post-11265-1276131652_thumb.jpg

post-11265-1276131669_thumb.jpg

post-11265-1276131675_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard! Kevin's a very, very handsome guy! Congratulations on such a good match. It is quite amazing to look at him now and imagine him in a shelter, soon to be euthanized. I think all that wonderful alertness and sensitivity that border collies possess makes them do very poorly in a shelter environment. It's just overwhelming for many of them. Thank goodness GH got him out!

Kevin is very handsome! I don't understand how a dog or a breed with so much potential can just be put down :rolleyes:

I love the first pic, Harlow looks at me like that after she did something wrong and we make eye contact lol

Welcome Kevin and Kevins Mom! Thank you for considering a Rescue they make the bestest dogs but then again Im biased with 4 rescues and a foster of my own. Welcome and enjoy the wonderful people here on the list and the endless amount of very helpful info they have to offer

Welcome & congrats on your new addition! He is ever so handsome -- I'll never understand how so many of these great dogs end up in rescue. But thank goodness they do, or people like us wouldn't end up with such great dogs. :rolleyes:

Welcome! Congrats to handsome Kevin and his new family!

(as for the other stuff: we all started on the board at some time or another. Post away and don't be shy. And we all like handsome, fun, active Border Collies).

Archived