BC Boards

your dogs area, whats it look like?

So i was wondering what your dogs area looks like, like if u have a room just for them or a cage outside that u let them run around in. I just finished putting up fence around there area outside where they can do what ever they want and made me wonder about everyone else, ill get pictures soon of theirs, right now i have their pool over there, dog house, toys. still have alot of work to do over there tell its all finished. they pretty much get one side of the back yard to their own. i dont know if anyone else does this with their dog thats why i made this topic :rolleyes: so post pictures of their room or what ever is their area :D

my house and my yard....I dont have a seperate area for them, my entire yard is designed for them and inside the crates are just in the kitchen, toys in the living room... they are not allowed upstairs or downstairs without supervision but even those area's are not designed to exlude the dogs..they just have to be supervised because of the small animals lol

Well, right now Sinead is sleeping on the couch next to me, and Mick's sleeping on his blanket on the dining room floor.

Mick's outside area is the circle that his chain can reach, in which he's killed off all the grass.

My dogs enjoy the entire house and yard. In the fenced backyard there's a dirt launching pad just off my deck and little paths worn around my yard, especially around the pond. They have their own beds in my bedroom, which they use but Gypsy prefers my bed and Chase prefers the end of the sofa. They have a toy box but they don't know how to clean their toys up so we have dirty, dissected toys from one end of the house to the other along with bones laying around here and there. Right now my front yard looks like an agility course. I'd prefer it didn't but hey, I'm training really hard right now and since I live in the woods, that's the only spot cleared of trees. It's all fine with me :rolleyes:

My dogs also get most of the house (the exception being my housemate's bedroom and bathroom) and the entire yard, although for a while these past few months I had part of the yard partitioned so that the sheep could graze in it but not munch on the azalea bushes (toxic). In that situation the dogs were blocked in some areas by electronet. But they have since gotten the entire yard back. They do have to share with the chickens who also wander around there, but they also get long walks on the unfenced back of the property with no poultry.

I also have a dog room, which is a spare bedroom with no bed, though it does have my printer and other computer stuff. The cat's litter pan is in the closet (with the door ajar) and there are six crates in there. They go in the crates only if I have to leave for any length of time. Some of the dogs are babygated loose in another part of the house when I go out. So yeah, I guess the pretty much have the run of everything (except the sheep pastures, which are by invitation only)....

J.

I have the garage which is attached to our lounge where they go when it is raining, they were in a bedroom but it is now occupied by housemates.

They have crates built into a the wall and a big play area which they share with my rats. They only go in there at night to sleep and as I said when it is raining and they are already muddy.

Otherwise they are allowed free range of the house except they are not allowed past the kitchen which seperates 4 bedrooms from the lounge and back bedroom. They have to stop at the kitchen door and wait till they are invited up the other end of the house which we rarely go except to sleep. They have the front yard and are usually only allowed in the back yard when we are training as it has all our agility equipment in it.

Mine have the run of all the house, except for the cat room. That room is always closed (they have a kitty door to come and go). They also have free run of the back yard, which is decent sized and enclosed with a 6 foot privacy fence. There isn't a dog door, so they are limited to when we let them out, of course. We only have one crate, for our newest dog, who isn't yet ready for total freedom when we're gone.

Um, my dogs' "area" is the entire house, so pretty much at the moment it looks like chew toys, dog hair/dog dirt (I've got to sweep...), and no grass outside.

:rolleyes:

What Malvie said.

(I'm heading to DFW in a few week for a week long visit with my sis. Haven't seen my family in awhile. Can't wait for my move to Texas next year!)

My dogs get the upstairs of our house. The cats have the basement (one cat pees on things and my BC wants to eat him so they have to be seperate). We built a dog run off our deck (a ramp goes down from the deck to a fenced off area). I just replaced the dying grass in there with gravel and wow is it ever easy to scoop the poop now! They only get access to the rest of the yard if we're doing something with them ie agility, playing with toys etc.

I just finished putting up fence around there area outside where they can do what ever they want and made me wonder about everyone else, ill get pictures soon of theirs, right now i have their pool over there, dog house, toys. still have alot of work to do over there tell its all finished. they pretty much get one side of the back yard to their own.

That sounds really nice. Years ago my father referred to my house as "an elaborate kennel" which struck me as hilarious. When I'm home, the dogs are anywhere they want to be in the house with the exception of the bedrooms which are gated off because my awful Lhasa is prone to marking. They are usually in whatever room I happen to occupy at the moment. They're only outside with supervision but then have the fenced backyard to do what they want. Outside toys are available for those who are interested. When I leave, the Lhasa goes to a very comfy crate that is more like a little cabana and which I find myself envying some days. The Sheltie stays in the kitchen which I had gates built for because every so often she'll throw up and I get tired of scrubbing my carpet. She also has access to an actual Cabana Crate (boy I miss that brand!) that she appropriated from the Lhasa and likes to sleep in. Quinn, as is befitting an entitled young Lord, has the rest of the house at his disposal but as near as anyone can tell, he spends all his time lounging on the big comfy chair by the window, watching the world go by and napping.

My Dad was here visiting this weekend. On Friday night I was off to bed (work on Sat) and he mentioned staying up longer and reading. All of a sudden he stood up. I aksed him what was wrong. He said he was going to go read in his room instead. Of course, I had to ask why (since he got up so quickly despite looking comfy in the armchair). His reply, "You're going to bed and I didn't realize I was in the dogs' bedroom."

I could not stop laughing. We were in the den, which has a dog bed in every corner, but it is NOT their bedroom. :rolleyes: The dogs sleep in my bedroom in crates.

My dog has two areas. 1) A 6 x 8 kennel off the ground, under cover next to the firewood with a nice dark insulated doghouse (her den). 2) Wherever I am on the farm.

She's out of the kennel anywhere from 4-10 hours each day. Sometimes just watching me do farm work, sometimes riding along on the tractor or truck. She works cattle 1-3 times a day. Usually will work ducks a few times per week. If I don't think she got enough work, we go for a 3-4 mile bike ride before she eats. Eats once a day at 6pm, then sleeps. Short walk at 10 pm, then in for the night.

Her kennel is very plain, food, water and bed, no toys or bones. It's a place for her to get some peaceful rest.

Scooter sleeps in the den, in the recliner my husband decided he didn't like. If I'm up too late with the t.v. on or using the desktop computer, I get "the look" and the huge sighs. :rolleyes:

The bathrooms are off limits to him and he's allowed in the bedrooms by invitation only. He has a large area in the basement weight room where he can play when the weather is too hot, cold or rainy. The last few months however, the finished basement was being used by my nephew while he was in between jobs. He just moved out this past weekend, so Scooter now has his play room back. :D

The fenced back yard is his to run around in and play Frisbee, swim in his kiddie pool, etc., but rarely without someone being out there with him. I just don't feel comfortable leaving him out very long alone, plus he really isn't all that interested in being out there by himself. We gave up on the grass last year. We stopped having the lawn service due to the chemicals and he has worn a path around a certain tree that he likes to use as a shortcut when chasing after the Frisbee. Trade offs. Lush green grass or a Border Collie who melts my heart every time I look at him. Anybody can grow grass. Nah..no contest! :D

My dogs live where ever I live. So guess the whole house, yard and anywhere else I go is "there area"

I don't even have a crate set up at the moment. If I had to contain a dog I'd either tether it to me or drag out a crate.

I love that my dogs are with me all the time. They keep me sane!

I will say that only Dew will sleep with me. And then only puts me to sleep and wakes me up otherwise she's in her cave bed under my bed.

The rest surroud my bed when I sleep.

I have one room and a tiny yard. Me, the dog and the cat share it pretty much equally. (Well, the cat is the overlord and apportions as his whim dictates. We are his obedient servants...)

post-10533-1274755449_thumb.jpg

Our dogs have the use of our downstairs area of the house. Well, except for Jake. He's the exception. Jake is thunderphobic and he'll sometimes crawl upstairs to find a dark place to hide until the storm is over or until we coax him down. Between the side yard and 1/2 the backyard, they have about 1/2 acre to run around in. Most of the veggie garden is fenced in and they've been trained that any area that has red brick around it is ours so they stay out of the herb garden & flowerbeds.

I want to fence in the front yard and the lower half of the backyard but I don't know when/if that'll happen. I've also been looking around for some land and I keep thinking the money we put into fencing could go into the 'farm fund'. Decisions, decisions.....

Everyone has pretty much access to the whole house. When we aren't home the cats are in bedroom hallway with access to all rooms while the dogs have much of the front of the house, only the kitchen and T.V. room are blocked off for various reasons. Seamus' spot is this 1 foot tall by maybe 2 feet wide space underneath a book case. All you can ever see is part of his tail with the white tip sticking out. Takes him a min to get out, it's quite funny. Need to get that on vid :rolleyes:

My two have the whole house and garden as their area, although we never leave them out in the garden when we are not home.

We have it sorted so it is pretty much Holly & Zac proof out there, we have an area with a frog pond in and plants that has a plastic fence round it.

They go in and out as they please if we have the doors open in the warmer weather. If it is wet or in the winter then one of us will go out with them and dry them off a bit before they come in if needed, we have a roofed passage area near one of the back doors which is so handy for that.

When they are left home alone we do always shut the living room door, but only because we have a bird in there which Holly can be a little obsessed with.

So i was wondering what your dogs area looks like, like if u have a room just for them or a cage outside that u let them run around in. I just finished putting up fence around there area outside where they can do what ever they want and made me wonder about everyone else, ill get pictures soon of theirs, right now i have their pool over there, dog house, toys. still have alot of work to do over there tell its all finished. they pretty much get one side of the back yard to their own. i dont know if anyone else does this with their dog thats why i made this topic :rolleyes: so post pictures of their room or what ever is their area :D

How is Zipper by the way?

My dogs let me use the kitchen and the yard. Once in while I can get room on the couch, which turns into a dog pile, generally with me on the bottom. If I growl loud enough, I can usually get my pillow back at bed time :rolleyes:

Archived