BC Boards

Cattledog Finals

glennkopp

I was addressing both, but my question is moot because I missed some of the info listed on the Cattle Finals website in regards to the schedule. :rolleyes: (And I guess the scenario I was asking about could be compared to running a dog on the first day of the first round of Sheep Finals, and waiting around a few days for all the dogs to run, just to find out whether you have or haven't gotten through.) Oh well!

Congrats Bob Johnson and Ruby, Nursery Champions, Iowa owned, bred and raised, Yippeee.....we had our fingers crossed. Last weekend down at Larry Moore's they won the open double lift on cattle, Wayne said that she looked really good last weekend. Ruby is a littermate to our Bea dog.

Also, Congratulations to Juan Reyes and Red, Reserve Nursery Champions.

Huh..., Tom Forrester and Pete got a 296 out of a possible 290. That'll be tough to beat. Maybe a typo.

Now there's a 360 up, which makes me think the 290 was per judge, which makes sense if it's the same course but with an additional 50 points for the second OLF. So right now Juan Reyes is leading with Tom and Pete second, but four scores not posted.

J.

Congrats to Juan Reyes on winning the cattle dog finals...with his nursery dog. That guy must be one hell of a hand. Congrats also to Tony Stewart for having the best turn back and 2nd outrun. I would expect nothing less from him. Cheers all and happy Mother's Day.

• 2 weeks later...
On a note from the cattle finals field, I talked to someone who said it's taking six people on horseback to bring the calves out for nursery. I'd say they're had enough. Should make for an interesting final tomorrow if they're still feeling less than inclined to work.

J.

I got the scoop from a competitor in the Final round and the cattle had (generally) been much easier the first two rounds - but it took a dog with a lot of power and presence to do well in the final go - congrats to Juan Reyes, and to Tom and Pete!

I understand Juan Reyes runs a big cattle operation out West, and his dogs show the value of lots of real-world work and excellent training and handling. Much the same for Tom, whose dogs earn their daily keep doing real work.

And congrats to Anna and her two dogs, who well earned their sponsorships!

Archived