BC Boards

Tiga's surgery is tomorrow

Tiga goes in tomorrow morning to have his cruciate repaired. It's been over a month since he tore it and he's not really improving much. I'm so nervous about tomorrow. They will keep him overnight and I will pick him up the next day. My stomach is in knots. :rolleyes: Tomorrow will be very rough. Please send positive thoughts our way.

Tiga's Mom -- don't worry -- I was worried alot during the first two weeks after Ru was operated on. Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks and he going in for his check up. He is just starting to use the leg. He went for a very tiny swim on Saturday and seemed to be okay in the water. We only allowed maybe 2 minutes and then pulled him out. He is so grateful just to be outside!

Everything will be fine! I can say that now because I am at week 5, but when I was at week 1 I was a mess. Hang in there -- before you know it he'll be running and playing just like he was before!

Ru and Jack's Mom

Thank you so much everyone. We're heading out in a few minutes to the vet. My stomach is in knots. I will update as I hear from the vet. It's going to be a quiet day and night without him here. :rolleyes: I'm going to have to keep myself busy.

Thank you so much everyone. We're heading out in a few minutes to the vet. My stomach is in knots. I will update as I hear from the vet. It's going to be a quiet day and night without him here. :rolleyes: I'm going to have to keep myself busy.

Come to my house! There's lot's to do here, and Sami loves visitors. Best mojo and healing thoughts coming your way.

Ruth

Ah. Everything is going to be fine. Will be thinking about you today.

Thank you all again so much. The vet called a little bit ago to say that he's out of surgery and that it went well. They said it was a routine cruciate repair and he's still pretty out of it. They will call again later this evening and then again tomorrow to let me know what time I can go and pick him up. It's going to be a long quiet night around here without him. :D I'm a bit relieved that he made it through ok but I'm still pretty stressed about it all. I know he's on his way to recovery, but I'm stressed about the road ahead. Keeping him quiet has been challenging to say the least. :rolleyes:

The vet's office has been great. They called again tonight to say that he'd peed and was resting well. They tried him with a little food and he wasn't very interested. Very unlike him but I'm trying not to worry. They said that's normal. I will call in the morning to see when he can come home. It's been a long quiet day and I'm anxious to see him.

Tiga's home now. :rolleyes: I'm glad to have him here. They said he's doing really well. The cruciate was completely torn as they suspected. He's resting now but he's been pretty whiney. Not sure if that's normal or not. I took out the ice to ice his knee but he's sleeping on it and I don't want to disturb him since he just now settled down. I feel better knowing that he's here but I'm really nervous about the re-hab. We have instructions for the physical therapy which we're to start tomorrow. She said to just ice it tonight.

Thank you all again for all your support and well wishes. I think and hope that we're finally on the road to recovery.

Did the vet send him home with a pain patch? My dog had a Fentanyl patch which made her pretty whiney for the first day or so. She just had another knee surgery 3 weeks ago and was much less whiney (though still whining a bit) but she was in less pain than the TTA.

I saw that you posted to the orthodogs yahoo group...definitely post there if you have specific questions. They're very helpful.

No pain patch. We have matacam I think it's called (the box is in the other room) and tramadol. The whining subsided for a bit while he slept, but he just woke up a little bit ago and was obviously in pain, crying and whining. I iced his leg and gave him a pain pill. He seems to be settled down again now. I will try feeding him soon.

Archived