BC Boards

Does this dog look familiar?

Thanks Karen. That's who I thought it was originally and was the first place I looked. But Rook has a pretty flashy white collar. I couldn't make out the signature. Glad you could. I hope this guy has permission to use her photos.

Rook? It's definitely Christines' picture, her signature is on the bottom of it.

I'm with you, Sue. Yet if you look under the "gallery" ... you get to this page.

Not sure what that's about. Perhaps he knows David and I'm just poking where I don't belong?

Then I see this.

DSC00859.JPG

That dog's not really working a horse, is it? I mean, after all, this guy IS an expert, right?

As I look further into this, the more I find.

XPert JD's Border Collie Information

That page goes from quoting the Border Collie Characteristics from the www.bordercollies.org website, where oddly enough, the last line reads: "The true Border Collie is known by how it works sheep and cattle, and by no other standard." And the very next line on his page is the description of the Border Collie as listed on the Canadian Kennel Club website.

"GENERAL APPEARANCE

Well proportioned, smooth outline showing quality, gracefulness and perfect balance, combined with sufficient substance to give impression of endurance. Any tendency to courseness or weediness undesirable."

:rolleyes:

He does not have permission to use my photos and I thank you Jodi for brining this to my attention. The faded photo of the dog on both sides of his house is Britton and the collage on the main page is Britton. Also when you go to "Full Gallery" there is a collage of photos I took of McCloud and a photo I took of a bitch we used to own named Abby.

In looking deeper into this website, I see that this is a guy that purchased a Britton x Abby pup from us years ago (JJ), but that still does not give him permission to use my photos. And he is no "x"pert.

Strange as it is, I'm pretty sure there's a picture of an Aussie that I adopted out as well. In the Full Gallery, the "Breeding My Dogs", I'm almost certain the first picture of a red tri Aussie is Otter. Funny, since I know for sure he's not with this guy, and I saw him loose his testicles so he's not breeding for anybody. The three red tri Aussies are also not the same dog.

He also has a picture of JJ as a puppy that he also lists as a female puppy in the "puppies for sale" gallery.

Hmm... My first thought was, "It's another imaginary kennel dreamed up by a 16-year-old girl with too much time on her hands."

Seems to be real, though...

At any rate, if some guy were taking my photos of my dog and posting them as if they were pups for sale on his (fantasy?) dog breeding site, I'd be e-mailing him turbo-style. (And why would he need to take photos of others' dogs if he were really a dog breeder?)

Mary

I emailed him yesterday to take down the informational piece captioned "Introducing the Shepherd's Dog," which is lifted verbatim from the Breed Characteristics article on the USBCC website without permission or attribution. No response yet. I will be contacting his ISP, which is in the Netherlands, if he has not removed the piece by this weekend.

I don't know what this guy's game is, but I remember from years ago, X-Pert Am Staff kennels whose dogs were well known and are in most Am staffs pedigrees today. I hate to give this guy anymore hits to his website, but I did some quick looking and apparently he bought an Am Staff from X-Pert kennels in their last years. of existence, did well on the show circuit with one dog and that qualified him to use the modified X-pert name for his kennel name? He apparently then apparently bred Am Staffs for a while, and if you look under his description of his history with Am Staffs, at the very bottom, he says he is basically alive and well and living in Texas now, raising and training border collies.

Why, I wonder and why he felt he had to hijack someone else's property. He doesn't have enough to back up his own claims?

Oh, and he also has a link to "some more dogs I breed with". Now that's a visual I need to get out of my head.

Oh, and he also has a link to "some more dogs I breed with". Now that's a visual I need to get out of my head.

Well, yeah, I was going make a comment on that and wondering if it was legal in Texas, but I refrained...

Well, yeah, I was going make a comment on that and wondering if it was legal in Texas, but I refrained...

Which leads me to wonder, like it or not. Front yard, or back yard? And how are the passing Baptists* with that?

(* Many thanks to Mr McCaig for his original reference, and the smiles it raised, in another thread.)

Which leads me to wonder, like it or not. Front yard, or back yard? And how are the passing Baptists* with that?

(* Many thanks to Mr McCaig for his original reference, and the smiles it raised, in another thread.)

And then what happens if you are on a corner lot...

I can't resist any longer. According to Texas religious legend, Baptists don't like, shall we say, vertical breeding, because they think you're dancing.

I tried, I really, really tried not to reply. I was raised Southern Baptist, and this is one of my favorite jokes.

Ruth

I can't resist any longer. According to Texas religious legend, Baptists don't like, shall we say, vertical breeding, because they think you're dancing.

I tried, I really, really tried not to reply. I was raised Southern Baptist, and this is one of my favorite jokes.

Ruth

I am shocked by you all. Just shocked.

And very amused.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived