BC Boards

How Much Does Your Female Weigh?

I'm curious as to how big I might expect my girl to get. At 6 months she is 32 lbs. I'd be glad if she'd stay this size, except that she can get out of the fence when she goes to Grandma Camp, which makes it hard for Grandma to watch her!

I'm curious as to how big I might expect my girl to get. At 6 months she is 32 lbs. I'd be glad if she'd stay this size, except that she can get out of the fence when she goes to Grandma Camp, which makes it hard for Grandma to watch her!

6 years old, 30 #

Guest echoica

this just further confirms for me that my Rikku is going to be small. at 6 months she weighed 25 lbs. i don't know how much she weighs right now at 7 months though...she is probably around 28 lbs.

star, if i was going to guesstimate...i would say definitely over 40 by 1 year. my other dog was 35 lbs at 6 months and he weighs 49 lbs now (but he is a border collie mix unlike my other gal). and reallllllly tall and skinny. if he had any 'meat' on him he easily could have weighed 60-70 lbs.

Maya is 11mo old, 19" at the shoulder and weighs about 30lbs, she is a bit on the thin side and could probably gain a couple more lbs and still be considered lean.

Skye is more like 22-24" at the should (she is a butt head about being measured) and is more like 48lbs. I am pretty sure she is AussieXBC she has a much heavier build than Maya.

Well, Star has that 1/4 Kelpie which could cause her to be more chunky. Sounds like she won't be on the small side, though! Maybe it's our food and water. Our other dog, also female, weighs well more than most gsp or hound males.

Good heavens, my girl is big-boned.... Secret is about a week shy of 8 months, 19 3/4" tall and 38 lbs. She is far from fat, but it probably wouldn't kill her to lose a pound -- it's not something I worry about so much while they're growing.

post-11040-1269976244_thumb.jpg

post-11040-1269976257_thumb.jpg

Annie is typically in the 35-36 pound range. In the winter, with reduced activity, she might spike up to 37 pounds; conversely, her lightest summer high-activity weight is usually no less than 34 pounds. Overall, during the course of the year she can range from 34 to 37 pounds; we don't want any more variation that that.

Archived