BC Boards

mini Border Collies

Our favorite breeder is now producing "micro" Border Collies. :rolleyes: How many suckers out there will buy them?

Well that's charming. How delightful.

(It's hard to do sarcasm on a board....).

I went to what I thought was an introduction to agility (victim of false advertising). It was a warm up for obedience competition. I did get something of an education...met a lady yesterday that is breeding Mini-Aussies....even the AKC club didn't like her...they're all about Aussies up there. There was another lady who has been breeding to get a Westie that was exactly ten inches (the least they can be according to the standard). She had one that was exactly ten inches...dressed up in an Easter dress and a jeweled pink collar. Robin had never seen anything like that before...I think he thought it was a reincarnated version of his bunny that Brodie and Lady shredded....at any rate, he couldn't stop looking at it....we've got to work on "watch" me.

Liz

I don't know who MAH is, but out of pure perversity I googled "micro Border Collie" and came up with a website that, well... I think it should have a warning page that states "You should take dramamine before viewing this website..."

(By the way... Why are we using initials? Is it like not saying Volde- i mean, He Who Must Not Be Named?")

Anyway, I didn't stay long on the site - just long enough to determine that the breeder's name does not seem to appear anywhere on the "About the breeder" page.

The experience was quasi-hallucinogenic. I don't think I've ever encountered a site so seriously infested with the most nauseatingly cute dancing clip-art. I may need to double up on my Metformin today.

So anyway... Is that the website we aren't talking about?

Yes, that is the breeder. I don't use a full name for a lot of reasons.

Her name is listed here... http://www.abcbordercollies.com/

Thanks for the "heads up," I hate being clueless... :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't even remember what the dogs looked like on that site. Yikes! I'd be scared to buy a puppy form someone who would construct a website like that... What somebody like that could do to a little (or big) dog's mind! :D

Visited the site. This is so sad. I could not stay on it for too long as it just broke my heart. When I look at the faces of these dogs, it makes me want to cry. :rolleyes:

I sure hope my Daisy is not a product of something like this. I wonder all the time where she came from and why she was dumped and my imagination gets the better of me.

With all the information available through the internet, shouldn't it be easier to identify and call out awful people like this? But alas, every time I watch animal planet and see all the horrible ways animals are treated, it looks like we have a long way to go.

Oh my

The website looks like it was designed by a 13 year old girl

as does the idea of breeding micro sable BC's

Hi: Been reading this board for years but only recently signed on. This thread got a rise out of me. Looks like some sheltie jumped the fence to help this breeder achieve her size desires. Poor sheltie. Poor dogs.

The other issue is that woman is the nastiest person on the planet.

Most recently she filed a false abuse claim against my young friend who tried to fight back against her selling her a dog knowing full well that she was under investigation by the ABCA and was pending suspension.

The abuse claim was shown to be unfounded but, the letter to report it was rambling all over the place. The best part is the dog is years old. The arguement has been over for years. She never refunded a cent of money even though the dog remains unregisterable.

Not to mention that I'm sure some of her previous sales were pups picked up that the local pounds.

I'm very sure that if you dog doesnt stay mini your not going to get a cent back and open yourself up to a weath of harassment if you complain

Guest echoica

I met a miniature Border Collie yesterday coincidentally. The first I have ever seen. It was about 2 years old and smaller than Rikku was at 6 months - definitely less than 25 lbs. I have to admit that she was a really cute gal. I wish I would have had my camera with me because I was quite shocked at first.

I loved the line "All pups should be able to work cattle". Seriously? Well obviously these are purpose bred dogs. You hide them in your pocket while you check on the cows and their calves. If a new momma cow gets hostile, you unleash your pocket cattle pup and let her have at it. :D:rolleyes::D:D

I'm off to eat some crackers and lay down in the dark until the nausea passes.

I was just at the site. Wow. Just wow. Cotton candy and acid.

The site aside and the very disturbing fact the she is breeding micro BC's. How the heck did she get those blood lines? Do people just sell champions or their semen willy nilly?!

Ditto to Flyer's question...except for the "real" border collie folks, I'm sure they are just far enough removed to not really be affected, philosophically and not really be an impact, physically. (does that make sense?!) I couldn't look at much....just a little (ahem) too "busy" for me....

yikes. Sad. Disgusting.

diane

Archived