BC Boards

I have to rant...

Guest echoica

Sending the e-mail was good. It looks like it'll make things better for your dogs, and it had the added benefit of getting your brother to think - about the dogs, about you, and about how his actions can have unexpected side-effects. Everybody wins!

That was a great email and I'm glad your brother responded positively to it! With family, sometimes the best way is to take a day to think things over and then send a diplomatic email expressing how you feel.

It's a good thing that you set your boundaries before the situation ever got out of control.

I am so glad to read the happy ending here!!

I was gonna suggest you teach your dog to roll over - beat them at their own game if they wanna dominate your dog and you can cue her to roll over

I also teach my dogs the 'pppssstt' game where we play chase and I pssst them when I catch them, and the hand bitey game where the hand bite if great fun

Too many people try and CM dogs without asking round here so I condition my dogs that its all fun incase someone tries it before I get a chance to tell them to get their hands off my dogs

It is so annoying, when I just had Ben I was constantly told that positive training was only working because Ben was 'such an easy nice natured dog' and then when I got Mia they are all disgusted that I am giving treats to an agressive dog, if I used CM's methods a couple of psssts and she would be cured!!

Guest echoica
why are they hitting the dogs with sticks though? Just random hitting or hitting with a purpose? Are they using specialized hitting sticks or whatever they can grab at the time?

I'm very curious.

for training loose leash walking...to keep the dog behind.

:rolleyes::D :D don't even say it...i know lol

Archived