BC Boards

Genie is back

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep thinking that considering how cut up her front paws were that a boy might not do that. I love my dads colorful words "it's not liek she's dumb enough to stay with him and die" They also have bones from somewhere gene has a similar residue on her I've seen before when she was nursing her puppies and eating way too many bones.

I may try to get my dad to continue up after him thinking he is up near the burned out cabin. Which my neighbor may be rebuilding again. He's built this cabin 2 times and it's burned 2 times. The first it wasnt done yet and an odd spark took it and the second time major high winds started a chimney fire just after it was completed. He's a contractor I understand it was beautiful and his planned retirement home.

We walk up near there during the spring mostly with the dogs as there is a pond. When the kids were younger it was a great rock throwing spot.

So glad to see this post. Sending all the mojo I have for Dally's safe return!

No good news today my dad who is 63 was too sore to try the trek again today. He said I wouldnt make it as he is at least 6 inches taller and the snow shrunk some but, not enough. I hope to get there soon to look again. It does leave me to wonder though if Genie wasnt brought back to my area as she is unadoptable in a sense. We have grown to love each other and I can manage her behaviors but, she isnt an easy dog. Right now Maddie and genie have resumed their mutual growling sessions. Yipee.lol

Sheryl,

Spring has apparently begun to spring out for us here in Kansas... I have seen several bluebirds(not just scouts) on my walks with Bess. So here is to our warm weather spreading in your direction ( big puff and blow of warm air your way) so your snow will go and you can get through to find Dally.

Genie was perfectly fine the next morning after the routines were followed. Aside from finding burrs when I think I finally got them all she is well. I hope today my dad can walk up and try again.

The snow must be melting with our warm weather...it will make it more difficult to track, but easier to walk for searching. Just a thought, but after we lost Scotty, Ladybug didn't realize what happened and over the next several days, she relentlessly combed the woods where she had last seen him, looking for him . (It was very sad to watch and in retrospect, I probably should have let her see him, but I wasn't in any frame of mind to think of that kind of thing.)

At any rate, if Genie and Dal are at all close and she misses him, now that her her paws are healed, perhaps she could be of some assistance in looking for him?

Best wishes...he's out there somewhere.

Liz

Archived