BC Boards

Genie is back

My dad tried to walk up into the woods and had to turn around due to the deep snow. He was going back home for snow shoes. After he left my back door opened and it was Genie. She is cut up on her legs from struggling in the ice and snow and full of burrs. My dad headed up to the woods to see if Dally cant make it or it caught in a forgotten trap.

Poor Genie thought I was going to beat her. She still hasnt gotten off her side. I had homeade chicken soup for her and lots of water she has even eaten some dog food. Now she is napping in her favorite spot.

I'm praying that Dally is safe too.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dad tried to walk up into the woods and had to turn around due to the deep snow. He was going back home for snow shoes. After he left my back door opened and it was Genie. She is cut up on her legs from struggling in the ice and snow and full of burrs. My dad headed up to the woods to see if Dally cant make it or it caught in a forgotten trap.

Poor Genie thought I was going to beat her. She still hasnt gotten off her side. I had homeade chicken soup for her and lots of water she has even eaten some dog food. Now she is napping in her favorite spot.

I'm praying that Dally is safe too.

We have been tracking them for about an hour and we arent sure if Dally has been with her the whole time. Keep your fingers crossed that he is safe too.

So glad to hear about Genie! Come on Dally - please come home!

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts. My dad tracked on snow shoes what he assumes was genie for miles but, he says she was always alone. I left my number on a dry erase board at the stables near where he tracked them incase it's Dally. We talked to everyone back there again. The tracks are fresh from today. He said she was lying low before that. Weather wise we arent suppsed to do anything but, melt for the next week so I'm hoping he can get home.

I really wish she could tell me what happened.

Woo-hoo!

I popped in just to check to see if there was any good news.

When I saw the thread title I gasped so hard and loud both the dogs turned and looked at me. :rolleyes:

Sending continual good vibes that Dally is home soon, too, safe and sound.

Oh, so glad to hear that Genie is home!

Sending good thoughts that Dally will be back home soon, too!!

Archived