BC Boards

Dally and Genie are lost

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are up to 3 feet of snow and still more coming down. It sucks to feel helpless that I cant even go out and look for them but, the snow is so high and the roads are dangerous. I can only hope they sought a good covering and will start to move again over the weekend. I keep thinking that there are horse barns with run in's they could get to. The deer find low pine. The nice thing is that Dally and Genie are best of buds they would curl up together.

The negative thougth that creep in are things like did someone take them looking for a working dog. They are both useless for that. Or did they think they were rescue dogs and take them. We have had people caught thinking about helping themselves at moms.

Ok lets go back to the positive. Genie can open doors. could she have gotten then into a travel trailer or summer home? I can only hope that all the stray dogs i've personally picked up and helped get home in this life time will pay me back.

Dogs in distress are a trigger for my mental illness. I shouldn't be following this but I am truly worried about Dally and Genie. Please come home puppies. You are missed.

We are up to 3 feet of snow and still more coming down. It sucks to feel helpless that I cant even go out and look for them but, the snow is so high and the roads are dangerous. I can only hope they sought a good covering and will start to move again over the weekend. I keep thinking that there are horse barns with run in's they could get to. The deer find low pine. The nice thing is that Dally and Genie are best of buds they would curl up together.

The negative thougth that creep in are things like did someone take them looking for a working dog. They are both useless for that. Or did they think they were rescue dogs and take them. We have had people caught thinking about helping themselves at moms.

Ok lets go back to the positive. Genie can open doors. could she have gotten then into a travel trailer or summer home? I can only hope that all the stray dogs i've personally picked up and helped get home in this life time will pay me back.

The further north, the less snow - we only got a about a foot up here. They're probably still in the area somewhere close by snuggled up in a safe place. You might try calling around to some of the neighbors who have barns, sheds, garages etc. that they may have locked up sometime after the dogs went missing and haven't yet opened. My sister-in-law found her cat that way...he went in a neighbor's garage, the neighbor closed the door and locked the cat in, safe and sound, but very perplexed.

What did the neighbors with the loose horses have to say? Had they seen them at all?

Again, if someone does have them, it might take a day or two for that person to be in a position to report finding them.

Best,

Liz

Is there a local news station you can call? Perhaps they could mention them on a broad cast.

OMG, my heart is breaking for you. I keep checking back here every 15 min hoping to find this thread turned around!

I've asked everyone here in the office to send out good vibes for you guys!!

Jennifer

I am so sorry for Dally and Genie - I haven't commented on the thread yet but I've been checking it for the last couple of days, hoping for good news. Crossing my fingers and sending the best mojo I can muster so they can be found safely!

I am so sorry for Dally and Genie - I haven't commented on the thread yet but I've been checking it for the last couple of days, hoping for good news. Crossing my fingers and sending the best mojo I can muster so they can be found safely!

Thanks Everyone I know I always check the threads over and over for good news too when peoples dogs are missing.

I just posted them to all the freecycle sites, pet adoption and business info sites through yahoo I belong too. Even if I'm sitting home due to the weather I'm still networking as much as I can I put them on facebook with pictures. My neice works at 1 of the 2 emergency vets if they were brought there. The other I know for a fact check first for a microchip as they scolded my cowoker when I found her dog there through craigs list.

Oh, this is just awful! I hoping it is mainly the storm keeping you from finding them right now, as they are either holed up or someone else who has them safe is just waiting out the storm themselves. Sending lots of mojo from here --

Just got in from work and immediately checked for updates. Keeping you in my thoughts. Scooter and I are waiting to celebrate upon hearing the news that Dally and Genie are finally home safe from their little adventure! :rolleyes:

Sheryl, adding my mojo for the safe return of your pups. Last spring my friend's two dogs took off on an adventure for 2 days. They were found by a good samaritan (about 7 miles from home) who had received a mass Email containing their pictures and contact info for their owner. One of the board members of the homeowners assoc is an acquaintance of mine and she had forwarded my plea and pictures to all the homeowners on their list. Is there a chance you can find out if there is a similar list you can post pictures and contact info to?

Also, a very good piece of advice I'd received here was to contact any companies with route driver's in the neighborhood--postal, UPS, trash pick-up, propane, meter readers and give them a flyer to hand to the route driver. You could call around and Email a flyer with pic from home.

I can barely stand to read this thread... it's crept into my subconscious. I dreamed last night that Buddy went out into the woods looking for a lost border collie, but brought home a large, old chocolate labrador.

I'm hoping against hope someone is taking care of them, waiting out this storm.

Mary

it's crept into my subconscious.

I'm hoping against hope someone is taking care of them, waiting out this storm.

Mary

Same here. It's a sickening feeling. I too am hoping that while all of us are worried sick, they are somewhere warm and well-fed, thanks to some stranger's kindness.

we got as much snow as you guys and it makes me worry terrible for for Dally and Genie :rolleyes: At least they have each. All fingers and paws crossed they hudled up together somewhere or someone has taken them in and just hasn't seen to lost ads. I think sending a pic to the local news station might really help.

we got as much snow as you guys and it makes me worry terrible for for Dally and Genie :rolleyes: At least they have each. All fingers and paws crossed they hudled up together somewhere or someone has taken them in and just hasn't seen to lost ads. I think sending a pic to the local news station might really help.

Oh no! I'm hoping they are safe and warm somewhere and find their home soon!!

Archived