BC Boards

Dally and Genie are lost

have you made it to all the local vets and dog control places? SOmetimes they end up somewhere and even when you call the person on the other end doesn't put 2 and 2 together.

Sam who is a huge Akbash was labeled as a Lab. It was animal control who remembered my call when they went to take him to the next place (a rescue) found my information and called.

I hope you already have but if not, get some posters made up and post them everywhere. Then go door to door with copies of you flier. Even if no one has saw them, they might and then they'll remember you and your posters.

Right now with the snow, I'll bet someone let them in cause they looked pitiful and lost. Maybe tags have been pulled off and you hadn't noticed.

I know what it feels like, you can hardly sit down with out feeling you need to jump up and do something else.

I drove around, hiked around and did everything I could think of. But wasn't till the AC guy called me that I found Sam.

Do you know where AC takes the strays in your area? Keep calling them so your dogs stay fresh on their mind.

Good luck and I'll keep praying.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have pictures of them? I can't get to the county SPCA today due to the snow storm, but I could check maybe on Friday and definitely on Saturday It's difficult to guess if they've traveled this far north, but sometimes dogs end up in facilities outside of the area where they were found.

Hope they come home very soon, and with a very contrite attitude!

Liz

Thanks they cant get up there as it's too far 1 hr 30 mins and Genie is from Montrose shelter so they would be able to call me right away. I wish she could get there. Dally is also registered with avid through Lackawanna humane.

Thanks for all the good thoughts I've reached all the local vets called rescue friends 3 of the 4 pounds in 3 counties. 3 security monitored gated communities they could walk into. I entered them on the rescue team site, petfinder, mult ads on craigs list. We are under the full effect of another snow storm. I just keep telling myself that there are plenty of abandoned houses for them to find shelter and dumpsters to raid.

Dam* I was hoping to see that they were back home. Even though you think they can't get an hour away from you...someone might have picked them up (of course, I don't know your area at all) I would post their pictures in fairly large radius just in case. My old Brandy at 12+ years ran away from my dad's house. She was gone for 2 days and had travelled 20km from my dad's house before I found her. Recently there was an elderly collie that had been missing for 30 days! in our area. This is Northern Ontario deep bush country full of wolves, etc. She was found so don't give up hope!

Lots and lots of good mojo coming to you..

God I hate seeing this stuff. :rolleyes: Have you thought of hanging some smelly clothes from some tree branches in hopes of them picking up on the scent? We are all thinking of you here in Nova Scotia and will be crossing everything for good news later this evening.

FOr some reason since there are 2 of them I feel like someone thought or thinks they're doing a favor for someone or that they were lost so they are keeping them till the owners show up.

THe chances of 2 dogs just poofing into thin air or snow, seem slim.

That's my thoughts and I'm sticking to them.

They WILL be home soon.

Keep reaching your area bigger and talking to the same people over again. It's amazing what people will remember or just happen to see them recently the second time you talk to them.

Prayers are still coming

Thanks they cant get up there as it's too far 1 hr 30 mins and Genie is from Montrose shelter so they would be able to call me right away. I wish she could get there. Dally is also registered with avid through Lackawanna humane.

As others have said, it's likely they are holed up with someone and it might take a day or two for that person to call a local shelter because of the weather. If you need any help from up this way, let me know.

Liz

FOr some reason since there are 2 of them I feel like someone thought or thinks they're doing a favor for someone or that they were lost so they are keeping them till the owners show up.

THe chances of 2 dogs just poofing into thin air or snow, seem slim.

That's my thoughts and I'm sticking to them.

They WILL be home soon.

Keep reaching your area bigger and talking to the same people over again. It's amazing what people will remember or just happen to see them recently the second time you talk to them.

Prayers are still coming

What Kristen said ^^^

Sounds like time to call in the big guns. St. Anthony, if you don't mind, their names are Dally and Genie and their family is worried sick...

Well so much for thinking your neighborhood is quiet and what could cause my dogs to leave the yard. My neighbors 5 horses have been loose for hours twice they have run up and down my driveway into the back woods, up and down the road. I know they love to run the tracks by my house. I'll see what I can do to notify the army depot guards 10 miles up the tracks. If I get a break in the storm I have flyers made up .

Archived