BC Boards

Dally and Genie are lost

Everyone cross you fingers they are found safe and sound. I'm really worried as they are mssing about 18 hours and we had a snow storm last night I've notified everyone I can think of locally and there are so many summer homes here that they will have lots of shelter but, I cant help wondering what would make a 5 and 7ish dog leave their yard after so many years. I'm wondering if they chased something. I'm hoping some hunter didnt decide to hurt them. That happened here a few years ago to the neighbors blue merle border collie city folks thought she was a coyote and bagged her. They actually drove up to their house proud of themselves for preventing the menace from hurting their livestock.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheryl - That is a horrible, horrible story! I couldn't imagine my feelings if that had happened to one of my dogs and someone proudly presented me with the dead dog.

I hope that Dally and Genie come home safe, sound, and shortly. My thoughts will be with you.

I've called every shelter and no sign or report of them. The gated communities are aware and patrols are notified. I've called dog law. I may pay the pet service tomorrow if they dont turn up today. They are on petfinder, craigs list. I've ruled out things like they ran out in front of the snow plow or are hurt and under the porch. Poor sugar is taking it badly she is like my shadow without them.

I'm hoping my dad will go and search the woods for them this afternoon with his dogs. I cant imagne that someone took them as it's difficult for me to get genie in the car and she's spayed so no value to them. Dally's color is too unusual to not be easily identified plus he's neutered.

As for my neighbors they were horrified. They had left her at the barn up the hill while they ran to the house for something. She must have seen the hunters and got excited she was only 10 months old. They were besides themselves for months.

How scary! Sounds like you're in a somewhat rural area - but another good way to advertise is to talk with delivery truck - UPS, postal, etc. They're out and about on the roads, and may just get a glimpse. Make up some cards or papers to hand out with your phone number, so if they see the dogs, they can call right away. Hope they're just out on a little vacation, and return home soon!

diane

Sending good thoughts. I seem to recall reading that when there's a lot of snow on the ground, dogs often get lost because they have a hard time finding the scent home. We had several lost-dog reports in our area after the recent snowstorm. All were recovered.

Sending good thoughts. I seem to recall reading that when there's a lot of snow on the ground, dogs often get lost because they have a hard time finding the scent home. We had several lost-dog reports in our area after the recent snowstorm. All were recovered.

They are still not home. I did find out that coyote season is over so no hunters. all traps are suppsed to be out by last weekend.

I can only hope that find there way into one of the patrolled security communites soon and are spotted. I'm sure since genies card at the pound said "ran any once too often" that she knows how to fend for them. Honestly in 3 years she never more than traveled a few houses away and that was only once or twice. After 30 hours and another snow storm on the way I hope they start to look for help soon.

They are still not home. I did find out that coyote season is over so no hunters. all traps are suppsed to be out by last weekend.

I can only hope that find there way into one of the patrolled security communites soon and are spotted. I'm sure since genies card at the pound said "ran any once too often" that she knows how to fend for them. Honestly in 3 years she never more than traveled a few houses away and that was only once or twice. After 30 hours and another snow storm on the way I hope they start to look for help soon.

Do you have pictures of them? I can't get to the county SPCA today due to the snow storm, but I could check maybe on Friday and definitely on Saturday It's difficult to guess if they've traveled this far north, but sometimes dogs end up in facilities outside of the area where they were found.

Hope they come home very soon, and with a very contrite attitude!

Liz

Archived