BC Boards

Robin passed his CGC!!!

ejano

Robin passed his CGC tonight! The closest AKC was having an open house about doing obedience rally events and we went over with Robin and Brodie. There was CGC testing so even though we're scheduled for testing on Sat at another club, I thought well, give it a whirl and see where we're at....I was looking for the practice for me as well so that I wouldn't make a mistake and miscue Robin. He did me proud...even if I did stumble around a bit.

Brodie did well for about 15 minutes when there were just smaller dogs about, then a couple of aussies came in and he reacted to the larger one (the smaller one was okay) and Ken took him out. They sat in the car watching the dogs come and go out of the club and past the glass door and he settled down and watched. He's my good boy and he was right about where I thought he'd be - quite steady with the beagles and the other dogs his size or smaller as we've been practicing but too tense with the big barking Aussie coming at him that tipped him over the edge, which I would have expected at this stage as well. I would have liked to stay and work him through it, but as they were testing, it wouldn't have been fair. We'll keep up with our program of exposure to bigger and bigger dogs and I think he'll be ready by the end of the summer. One of the AKC ladies who "knows" Border Collies, says Brodie's eye is too strong, so we need to work on getting his attention off the other dogs and on to whoever's handling him.

So, last year at this time, I lost my dog, lost a third of my lung and thought I might lose my life. But, a year later, I have two wonderful dogs and our dear Ladybug and both my CT scan and Robin's GCC turned out just great and Brodie's made some good progress! It's a happy week.

Liz

Robin passed his CGC tonight!

.. last year at this time, I lost my dog, lost a third of my lung and thought I might lose my life. But, a year later, I have two wonderful dogs and our dear Ladybug and both my CT scan and Robin's GCC turned out just great and Brodie's made some good progress! It's a happy week.

Liz

Congratulations--on Robin's CGC and your good CT results! :rolleyes: We never know what life has in store for us, do we? Enjoy your victories!

Pam

Archived