BC Boards

If I see this ONE MORE TIME

kelpiegirl

Click "Flag"

Go to "Violent or Repulsive Content" (second on the list)

There will be a menu that pops up next to it that has "animal abuse" as the second to last reason. Click it and then click the "Flag this Video" button

After googling Mitch Currie if he's the one with the MySpace page-looks like he's 16 and lives in Australia. What are Australia's laws about sheep and grazing on public lands? No cougars to chase him there but a crocodile might do it if he were near the water.

Laura

According to his U-tube profile he is 32 and lives in UK, which makes it even worse. I don't think the landscape looks Australian, but then again I've never been there. I think

Mitch might be the dogs name.

According to his U-tube profile he is 32 and lives in UK, which makes it even worse. I don't think the landscape looks Australian, but then again I've never been there. I think

Mitch might be the dogs name.

FWIW, when I viewed the clip I immediately thought it looked like the UK. But of course there's terrain like that in other places too.

Hmmm.... guess he doesn't like being the only who thinks it's funny. He's deleted over half the comments.

I flagged it as animal abouse. the posted a comment, "Cruelty to animals. In my state I have the right to shoot the dogs although I would rather shoot the owners". BTW I still have a mess of 12ga shotgun shells loaded with rock salt.

I flagged it as animal abouse. the posted a comment, "Cruelty to animals. In my state I have the right to shoot the dogs although I would rather shoot the owners". BTW I still have a mess of 12ga shotgun shells loaded with rock salt.

Hmmm, rocksalt huh...One could always apologize saying "Well, i aimed for your dog, but I´m such a lousy shot..." :rolleyes:

All comments have been deleted.

I commented again suggesting he remove the vid and replace it with one of him being productive with his dog. I also gave it a rating of "poor."

I don't know what's wrong w/ people and how they could find this sort of thing entertaining, it really just confuses me :rolleyes:

Diane

I do not know what the law is in Washington although I suspect it is similar, but in California Food and Agricultural Code Section 31103 specifically provides that "any dog entering any enclosed or unenclosed property upon which livestock or poultry are confined may be seized or killed by the owner or tenant of the property or by any employee of the owner or tenant. No action, civil or criminal, shall be maintained against the owner, tenant, or employee for the seizure or killing of such dog." This statute has been held to mean that the sheep rancher or his employees have an absolute privilege to shoot or kill the dog that comes on their property without permission and cannot be sued. the dog does not even have to be "chasing" or "worrying" (although there is a separate code section which authorizes anyone to shoot a dog doing that). Apparently some counties in California hand out posters to ranchers so they can post warnings. The specific case is Katsaris v. Cook 225 Cal. Rptr 531 from 1986.

MagRam: Washington animal laws are ridiculous, we aren't in the same county as Diane, just one to the north and many of the laws are county based as well as state, but several years ago my Dad was sued for shooting a dog. This lab (the owner said great hunting dog, although no hunting dog I know is allowed to run wild) had gone after our cows several times and stressed a pregnant one to the point she lost the baby, or at least that's what we think happpened. My Dad had warned the owner that he would shoot the dog. Well one day he came home to a mauled calf so staked out the field the next morning and caught the dog in the act, shot, but didn't kill the dog. Apparently the law here only stands if the dog is killed, since it wasn't Dad was sued and had to pay several thousand in vet and attorney fees. Nice way to support the farmer.

Yes that does look like over here in the UK. I have to say if that was my sheep and I had the gun with me I wouldn't hesitate, thats one dead dog and all the better if the owner was there to witness the act. Looks a bit like a beagle cross. If it is over here its a sure thing that this dog and person are doing this on a regular basis and it will be only a matter of time before they are caught and may the Lord have mercy on their souls, because I sure as hell wouldn't.

John

Yes our laws in our county are just as bad as your laws in your county.

We do the 3 S method OR make sure if you kill the dog, you have evidence of mauled/dead livestock and then call AC. Make sure you kill the dog on your property.

Most people use the 3 S method.

Shoot

Shovel

Shutup or Silence

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. I think I flagged this as "animal abuse" around Feb. 16, but it was only today that I received this message:

We just wanted to send you a quick note to say we appreciate your help and vigilance in keeping the YouTube community safe. It's the dedication from users like you that have helped make us the successful online destination that we are today.

Please continue to flag videos you come across that violate the YouTube Community Guidelines and keep up the great work!

- The YouTube Team

Of course, the video was still up the last time I checked, along with a sneering challenge from the person who first posted it on YouTube.

Archived