BC Boards

If I see this ONE MORE TIME

kelpiegirl

Just another reason why stupid people shouldnt breed.... :rolleyes:

Unfortunatey there are alot of people who think sheep are meant to be chased by dogs and its natural . Some people think that its a dogs instinct to chase other animals and its Ok. They must think that the sheep will be fine , that they are only running around and getting exercise with the dog. I can only hope once the people read the remarks , their feelings about this will change.

After googling Mitch Currie if he's the one with the MySpace page-looks like he's 16 and lives in Australia. What are Australia's laws about sheep and grazing on public lands? No cougars to chase him there but a crocodile might do it if he were near the water.

Laura

I posted my reply

>>>I had someone's pet dog come on my farm and do exactly what your dog did. He killed a good portion of my flock and injured many more. . The injured sheep had to be put down. The dog then went to the neighbors to "play" with his calves and turkeys. The dog was shot. If your dog was doing this to my sheep, regardless if they were on my farm or a public land, I would shoot him. Then I would take you to court for damages to my livestock.<<<

Guess I won't be on his Christmas card lit....

The guy who posted the video keeps deleting most of the "negative" comments. He deleted mine a long time ago, and there were about eight before his first comment and then about eight more before his second comment. Not sure why he keeps a few up there (I suspect he's been offline for a little while), but a lot of the comments have been deleted.

I suspect Australia's grazing laws are similar to those in England. Which means that yob has no rights to let his dog run wild.

And here's what happens when folks do:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/local-west-...86081-25841600/

I wouldn't shoot the dog - he's retrainable. I'd shoot the yobs.

Instead of letting their dogs run wild they should be teaching them control and herding.

As for those two yobbos I would turn them loose naked on the hillside and let the dogs chase them for an hour.

I have already flagged the video, and I received a "Thank you for reporting inappropriate videos" note from YouTube. However, I imagine that it will take more than one flag to have the video pulled.

Regards,

nancy

I just went there and even reloaded the page and the comments are still there.

J.

Yeah, he's apparently left some, but deleted a bunch. Mine was up for a little while yesterday, then removed. I saw several others that I recognized as being from board members that have been removed, too.

Whatever. Dude's an idiot.

I posted my reply

>>>I had someone's pet dog come on my farm and do exactly what your dog did. He killed a good portion of my flock and injured many more. . The injured sheep had to be put down. The dog then went to the neighbors to "play" with his calves and turkeys. The dog was shot. If your dog was doing this to my sheep, regardless if they were on my farm or a public land, I would shoot him. Then I would take you to court for damages to my livestock.<<<

Guess I won't be on his Christmas card lit....

Diane

I do not know what the law is in Washington although I suspect it is similar, but in California Food and Agricultural Code Section 31103 specifically provides that "any dog entering any enclosed or unenclosed property upon which livestock or poultry are confined may be seized or killed by the owner or tenant of the property or by any employee of the owner or tenant. No action, civil or criminal, shall be maintained against the owner, tenant, or employee for the seizure or killing of such dog." This statute has been held to mean that the sheep rancher or his employees have an absolute privilege to shoot or kill the dog that comes on their property without permission and cannot be sued. the dog does not even have to be "chasing" or "worrying" (although there is a separate code section which authorizes anyone to shoot a dog doing that). Apparently some counties in California hand out posters to ranchers so they can post warnings. The specific case is Katsaris v. Cook 225 Cal. Rptr 531 from 1986.

Here's my reply based off his last message:

The road to solving the bigger issues starts with the individual. That individual must have integrity and respect for other living things in order to be productive to change the world. It saddens me that you, hamy007, cannot see that, and can demonstrate in a mere 10 seconds the depths of your ignorance.

I'll flag it as well.

I finally got to sign in on YouTube to flag the @#$%^7ed thing. But I can't figure how to do so. I can click on "flag" and sign in. But then I get a whole bunch of topics that are irrelevant.

What am I missing?

Archived