BC Boards
juliepoudrier

Ranger and Tug on Sheep 2-13-10

Well, we decided to play with puppies in the alleyway paddock yesterday. I was really pleased with Ranger, and I think Robin felt the same about Tug. Both pups have no quit to them.

I didn't have a telephoto lens on the camera and it was late in the day, so not the best equipment and time for taking photos....

Ranger is waiting to go in, with Nick standing by in case we need help (this was a larger area than I had ever worked Ranger in, so I wasn't sure how it would go). Robin and I both worked Ranger, so that's why we're each in some of the pictures:

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3159_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3168_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3169_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3173_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3174_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

J.

And here's Tug.

Ready to go:

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3180_edited-1.jpg

IMG_3193_edited-1.jpg

Boy does he look like his daddy:

IMG_3191_edited-1.jpg

I hope Robin doesn't mind, but I grabbed a couple of photos off her pbase account so y'all could see the resemblance between father and son:

Zac1.jpg

Zac2.jpg

Now you know why Tug's nickname is Zac, Jr.

J.

Lol! It was white in the morning, but we had just 3 inches of snow and by the time we went to lunch and then started working dogs, it had all melted away, thank goodness.

J.

Looking great! And no snow - what's not to like?

Nice Julie. That pic of Ranger near Nick- wow- he's a big boy! Tug is so freaking handsome too. BIG shoes to fill. Looks like you guys have some nice pups- it will be a fun spring/summer!

Oh yeah, Ranger's all the things I just *love* in a border collie: big, rough coated, airplane ears.... Lol! (To be fair, some of what makes him look big is all that coat he has, but he's surely not a tiny thing, and he towers over Tug.)

I think we will have fun with them. I'm looking forward to when we can really get them going on a more regular basis.

J.

Great shots of a couple of nice pups, Julie!

Like others in this area, I hope that one day we will be able to see the ground again and be able to work our dogs!

Regards,

nancy

Pretty is as pretty does, and those boys were gorgeous yesterday! I'm very, very happy with how they're turning out so far.

Christine,

That's my favorite one of Ranger too. He actually looks like a working in dog in control of himself! :rolleyes: I don't know if it was Robin or Laura wielding the camera at that point.

Those pics you took of Tug are great! I'd say he calmed down a bit between that work session and the one at my place, though it was difficult to get him stopped at the end....

J.

Lucky you being able to work and have green grass even if it is short. Almost 2 more months for us. Nice looking pups, I'm remembering how much fun it is to work a young dog. It's also a little more challenging to keep up with them. My Zoe is almost a year old and she's ready to go, go, go! now.

Laura

Those are some nice pups! I like 3173 of Ranger too. Not sure which of us had the camera - probably not me :rolleyes: .

Ps - I'm stunned that nobody has mentioned the fact that the ever pristine Noodle is *quite* nasty muddy, and less than his normal sparkling white self! What do you mean this thread is about puppies???

Ps - I'm stunned that nobody has mentioned the fact that the ever pristine Noodle is *quite* nasty muddy, and less than his normal sparkling white self! What do you mean this thread is about puppies???

LOL, yeah i noticed he does look a tad mucky. That is one of my favourite shots, the waiting to go in one.