BC Boards

Introduction!

Hi everyone! I stumbled across this forum when looking up some health concerns for a friend's BC. I did some lurking and enjoyed what I was reading so I signed up. My name is Amanda, I live in Nova Scotia with my husband, 6 dogs and 1 cat. I help with animal rescue - mostly dogs, I do some private obedience lessons and help train and compete in flyball. Our 6 dogs are Zoe - a 10 year old yellow lab girl; Chilli - a 6 year old lab mix rescue girl; MOTH (ManOfTheHouse) - a 4 year old red & white BC boy; Jack - a 3 year old black & white BC mix rescue boy; Drama - an almost 2 year old black & white BC girl; and Fluke - a 1 year old BC/aussie mix boy.

I look forward to belonging to this board!

Welcome Amanda! I currently do flyball with someone who's originally from Nova Scotia, I wonder if you know her? Her name is Kristie and she probably just ran Bostons back then.

I do know who she is yes! I used to run on a team called Oceanmark back at that point and she was with Lietash. That was when I started with my yellow lab, Zoe. Small world! :rolleyes:

Welcome, I am impressed that you could get just a good picture with that many dogs in the frame. What a wonderful looking pack- they must keep you very busy.

Awesome Photo

I am new too just posted the 1st time today and have already found a group to check out in my area

I have been reading the posts and am so glad I found this group it may help me in the journey with my BC

I have 10 month old (neutered) BC it was not planned but he came into the family as he needed a home and being a die hard Aussie person I must say I can understand the attraction to this breed they are amazing. :rolleyes:

Hi Amanda,

Welcome from the Sonora Desert. My BC is a Service Dog in Training who likes playing on playgrounds stuff and slides. Hope you're qan cative member.

When I think of moving back home I think of Chester. Beautiful area. Someday I will get myself back there in my little cottage by the sea. First must finish growing the children :rolleyes:

It's really nice here. Lots of running space for the dogs too where we live and lots of swimming places. It's freezing cold today but the water is so calm and pretty! No real complaints :D

What a gorgeous bunch! I especially think Chili is adorable. Welcome to the board.

Thanks PSmitty. Chilli is a "foster failure". She was not supposed to stay but I couldn't resist her. Chilli & her mother and siblings were left by the mother's "owners" when they moved away. Mom was chained to a dog house with a 6 foot rope, the pups were only just over a week old. The neighbors decided they should feed the Mom (thank god), however after a few weeks some kind of animal was coming into the yard at night and killing the pups, there were bodies strewn every where. By the time they called the local SPCA the pups were about 7 weeks old and had gone from a litter of 9 to a litter of 2. The SPCA took the mom, Chilli & her brother and fixed them up and rehomed them. Chilli was a tough little dog, never mean EVER, but had no clue how to interact with humans. Thankfully my old girl, Zoe, helped with her training big time and she fit in. She's an awesome girl, the best snuggler I have! :rolleyes: