BC Boards

tug toys or any that will last

my 2 bc play tug all the time and within a few days the toy is done. i am a dog groomer and where i use to work we sold toys. i have tried a lot of different toys but nothing will last to long. i like toys that i can give them when not supervised. i take them to work with me everyday but they are in their own room there ( i work at a boarding kennel) and there are days i work for 10 hours. i get to take a break to let them outside to play and go potty but other than that they are in thier room with one another toys and water. but all the toys get tore up. i only work long hours 2 sometimes 3 days a week but when i am home and they are in the house they will tear up toys. i am afraid they will choke on a part. when i give them bones,hooves, and knucke bones they only eat them in the summer outside. so please help. thanks. by the way as i am writting this my bc is licking my slipper as i am wearing it lol they are the craziest dogs ever but im in love

You can try kongs stuffed with something like peanut butter and freeze it.

To make your own toys - take some old jeans and cut the legs off and then cut the legs length wise. You can then roll it up and sew the ends together. Denim material will last a little longer than stuffed toys etc...

Basically I don't think anything is 100% indestructible. Unless you know for a fact your dogs don't eat what they are destroying then you shouldn't give anything to them unsupervised. They will end up with an obstruction if they swallow the stuff at some point.

If you can't supervise then I would probably not give anything.

I'm liking the West Paw Bumi tug toy I got this Christmas - very durable even for my pup but probably not indestructible. There have been several thread son this topic - you might want to do a search.

eta: Here's a recent one that's several pages long. :rolleyes:http://www.bordercollie.org/boards/index.php?showtopic=26609

These aren't tug toys per say, but if you're looking for a cleaner, less smelly substitute for pig ears, knuckles, etc., I like treat dispensing toys, and Busy Buddy's line in particular. It's basically a kong, but more challenging. I like squirrel dude, the waggle, and the chuckle, and I've also heard good things about tug-a-jug.