BC Boards

looking for a toy

i was watching Susan Garretts 2X2 weaves video and I saw a couple toys that I would like to get for Maya, She is CRAZY about tennis balls and likes to tug but I can't find a good tennis ball on the end of a tug toy....I saw that she had a couple on that video. Does anyone know where to find something like that.

Make one. It's fairly easy and I wish I could draw a picture with the message editor to show you. Basically you poke or drill a hole all the way through a tennis ball and thread a rope through it then tie off the end with a figure-8 or a stopper knot. Use a decent size rope and make the hole smaller than the rope so you have to force it through. You'll need some sort of tool to pull the rope through the hole.

I'm in Australia so i won't be much help but....even our small department stores have toys in their pet section. I found a fantastic one the other day, it was a soft toy raccoon with a soft head and tennis ball body and a soft long tail. Fantastic for tugging and rolling! Other than keeping an eye out clean Run would be a good idea, they are relatively cheap and designed to last.

I already checked clean run.

I have seen plenty of toys that have the tennis ball with the hole drilled in it, but the toys I am looking for did not have holes drilled in both ends, it looked like material might have been around one end and the other had the tug coming out of one end of the toy......

It also wasn't rope for the tug part.....

Could this be what you are looking for? Petsmart Toy

I found it in our local Petsmart. They only had one left. I see that it is now a website only item. Also check Amazon.

My dog loves it, although the tape could be a little tough on the gums. Even so, it is her favorite.

My two got Wubba Friends from CR for Christmas (they had free shipping too :D ). They are good for tugging and for throwing - and both my Border Collies love them My agility girl even likes squeaking heres, she gets tso excited - and she doesn't 'do' squeaky toys usually. :rolleyes: