BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Trelaine

A play pen is a great way to confine a puppy...ummm, yeah right

LOL!!!! I've been there!

Well, clearly anchoring the corners just gave him more stability! :rolleyes:

We have a pup in our foster system right now who will climb out of a 6ft x-pen. None of his siblings will attempt it, just him. It's pretty entertaining when we're at the pet store showing our dogs and we have to station one volunteer by their pen just incase he escapes!

Well, clearly anchoring the corners just gave him more stability! :rolleyes:

That's true - but it was all I could think of to do at the time. He had almost instantly learned that with a little bit of a running start he could hit the panels and send the pen flying across the room like a hovercraft. He kept trapping my older (shy, formerly abused, I am not into this!) female between the pen and the kitchen cabinets.

I gave up on the pen. He is loose now, but I put a jingle bell on his collar, so I can hear where he is. He appears to have figured out that the bell alerts me to his mischief, but so far he hasn't been able to remove it. The cats have figured out the bell too, and seem to appreciate the warning.

Playpens are such a waste of money lol! My 5 lb pap puppy is an expert at escaping those things. She can climb them, so we put a lid on it. then she undid a latch and moved the pen until she could slip through the top. then we fixed that and she figured out how to unlock the door and open it (then proceeded to free her friend). Ugh!