BC Boards

Rolling ?

All 3 of our BC's including the 3 month old puppy like to roll and push on the carpet on their backs after they eat dinner. Our oldest Maggie and the puppy Kai both make lots of growling and barking noise, however our other dog Paige gets embaressed if she realizes you are watching her :rolleyes:

Does anyone elses dogs do this?

it's beginning to be a trend around here :D

DSC01736.jpg

Haha I knew there had to be others out there. It is rather funny to watch !

Not if its all over your new bedspread :rolleyes:.....but otherwise, yes, funny. I think its the doggie version of flopping back in the recliner. :D Your puppy is cute!

Liz

Not if its all over your new bedspread :D.....but otherwise, yes, funny. I think its the doggie version of flopping back in the recliner. :D Your puppy is cute!

Liz

Only the cat has managed to put muddy paw prints on my new white bedspread (which now needs to go to the cleaners), the dogs have been good they stay on the floor ... mostly =)

I love the picture of Kipp! Too cute! and your other dog's expression is priceless "ummm what are you doing...??" .

I'm enjoying all the stories they are cracking me up! :rolleyes:

Kipp does that when he's happy and excited - like when he's out in the snow

100_7145a.jpg

Beautiful picture!

We used to call this a Snow bath with our first "married" dog, Woofer years ago...He looked like a Bearded Collie but he came out of a lab crossed with who knows what. At any rate, he loved his snow baths. He had another name, but when our son was learning to talk...he became "Woofer" because that's what a doggie does :rolleyes: ....memories are so sweet -- he was the perfect dog for a little boy.

My Lucy has always done this after the evening meal - but not after the morning one. Sometimes she does it in snow or grass, but ALWAYS she makes the weirdest groaning/yipping noises. I think her previous owner thought she was seizing when she did this! (thankfully that didn't last....) Youngster has never done this, though he does occasionally "wipe" his muzzle after a particularly sloppy food (usually on the mottled brown carpet, so I don't really care!).

Lyndzbrown - what on earth are you thinking with a WHITE bedspread? Are you nuts?? (please don't take this personally, I don't know you and am only kidding...) I even gave up on bedspreads in general, and just use a "cover sheet" which is easier to wash and dry, and they come in so many pretty designs these days, it beats any bedspread on the market!

diane

Diane- I'm not really sure what I was thinking... It sure looks nice in my room though (minus the cat prints) the cover sheet idea is a good one... about 3 more times of muddy prints and I'm sure I will give up all together on the idea..

Our dogs also make weird groaning noises, and they don't roll after breakfast either... only dinner. Maggie "pushes" almost anytime she can, I think it's because she is mostly white and our carpets are rust colored. Needless to say, we vacuum A LOT! which is a whole other ordeal, Paige is crazy about the vacuum runs circles around you, barks and becomes very excited and obnoxious to the point of not being able to vacuum much.. we usually have to put her in another room :rolleyes: . Only the vacuum causes her to be this excited, luckily not cars or other things with loud motors.

No matter what is on the ground, no matter what the weather, Reb rolls on the ground when I let her out. Then she goes to the bathroom. The only exception is when I have a frisbee in my hand. Then she rolls as soon as I tell her "that'll do" and stop throwing it.