BC Boards

Vala update: will take regular heartworm treatment 12-26.

It was a few year's ago. The aspirin is used to thin the blood a bit. I think it may lessen the danger if the heart worms start to pass thru the heart. I hadn't ever heard of it either but she really did well.

Thanks! I read up on it since asking the question, but it's not being used anymore because a study contraindicated it in some cases... talked to the vet... everything else we're giving her is basically doing the same thing.

Thanks! I read up on it since asking the question, but it's not being used anymore because a study contraindicated it in some cases... talked to the vet... everything else we're giving her is basically doing the same thing.

Interesting. We are in a really high heartworm area here. I hate having to keep the dogs on heartworm stuff but it just isn't safe not to.

Interesting. We are in a really high heartworm area here. I hate having to keep the dogs on heartworm stuff but it just isn't safe not to.

I understand. A BC at the shelter where I volunteer died of heart damage complications from them a couple weeks ago. It was awful seeing him so sick. I never want that to happen to my dog. And you know, I live at the southern end of the Mississippi Delta post-Katrina and Rita so it's really not a scam here. Basically any outside dog that comes through the pound, if it wasn't on preventative, and it's over a year old, chances are the dog is heartworm positive... :rolleyes: