BC Boards

Another newbie with a new puppy!

Hi from Nevada!

I've got a BC mix, and a BC/ACD cross, so I know what I'm in for, but I've never had a little puppy before.

"Ticket" is about 9 weeks old now. He is a rescue, so the age is approximate, as is the breed. He looks like he might be 100% BC, but I'm not sure. His ears look a little "spaniel" to me, but I've only seen pictures of BC puppies - then again, if I stare at him long enough, I begin to think he's a black & white Brittany. That could be the wine.

I've had him a week now, and he seems to have grasped that Nothing in Life is Free. He's also learned a couple of commands; we're currently working on "sitting before I ask you to, because you know I'm going to ask you to, doesn't count."

Puppy classes don't start until January, so I may post cries for help when he outsmarts me.

Ticket in the snow

:rolleyes: Welcome! Ticket is adorable!! Hard to tell for sure, but he looks like he could be all BC.

I gotta say all these new, cute puppies aren't helping my puppy fever any! :D

I've got the cure for puppy fever, It's called "Dave"...

I'll send him your way and he'll fix ya right up.

Congratulations on your new puppy. Total cutie!

Since you're new at the puppy thing, I thought I'd refer you to a couple of free resources by Ian Dunbar.

Before Getting Your Puppy and After Getting Your Puppy can be downloaded from this site. Good info.

http://www.dogstardaily.com/free-downloads

Have fun with your little one. :rolleyes: