BC Boards

Been a while... lol

So, been a while since I was one here had to have Eileen help get my account back in order but I'm back!

For those of you who don't remember..it's been over 2yrs..I'm Alicia, I'm 23. I live in Ellensburg, WA. At the time I was on here I lived in Bozeman, MT.

And I own "Dally" my lil BC monster.

Last time I was on here this was Dally:

Pic806158.jpg

Pic806123.jpg

And this is Dally doo now:

P1000045.jpg

P1000065.jpg

Things are goin good I moved back to Ellensburg and started working on a dairy calf farm, I worked there for 2yrs and Dally got alot of work on calves but as I trained her myself she learned somethings incorrectly as they were not part of the job we were doing (ie fetching) so were startin over a bit. Luckily I ahve a friend with bout 100head of Icelandic sheep, Sadly none are dog broke but we seem to be doing ok with what we have at this time. Dally is a willing and intelligent girl and I'm happy with how well she does with only myself, a 100% herding newbie, as a trainer.

So, Dally is doing great. What brings me here is I'm in search of more training advice for her and..recently I acquired a 6mth ACD pup.

Meet Cheyenne

0918091941.jpg

Chey is a great dog she's smart and wants to please. She's got a lot of drive but... she's an ACD.. I've done well with Dally but Chey is way more aggressive she gets in there and is all bite and chase.Its a night and day difference BC vs ACD. Headed to post a training question after this.

Anywho.. HI! I'm back! :rolleyes:

Thanks! She's doing really well and has really grown into herself. She's super needy and wants undivided attention at all times, silly girl. But she's turned into an incredible dog.

Cheyenne is different for me night and day ACD vs BC. She's going to be a little tougher but I think we'll get there. Thinking she needs some more growing up before we try herding again.

PS. The 4mths weight doubled = adult weight discussion we all had at one point, when I first got Dally, is pretty spot on. Doo was 17lbs at 4.5-5mths and is now 36lbs. :rolleyes:

Welcome back. Congrats on your new pup too :rolleyes:

Julie,

I was ust visiting your blog and you take some amazing pics! What kind of camera do you use?

Lol She does have a good bite for a BC :rolleyes: Luckily she only uses it when needed

I will surely follow your posts, especially because you are going to work non dogged icelandic sheep. I´ve got a flock of 72 of those and plan to start working with them some time next summer or autumn (depending on when Táta is ready). Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

Yeah they're a bit of a handful They're head strong and arent people oriented so Dally is having to work more but it seems to be going well. Icelandics are smart as far as I can tell so they seem to be learning fast and these ones know that when its over I give em some grain lol

Spokane isn't too far! only what 3hours? My bro lived in Cheney for a couple years (went to Eastern). Cool! Glad someone's from WA!

Thats great! Enjoying the snow? Ugh took me twice as long to get to work today! Brought Chey with me, this is her first REAL snow and she's having a blast, diving face first in it and catching the snow I throw with the shovel. Silly wiggle nubbin