BC Boards

Taj and Trinity update

Its been absolutely ages since I last posted on these forums, although I have popped in to lurk every now and then. Life has kind of taken over and the last 12 months have been pretty much hell, but we have finally moved to the country (43 acres of Pure Heaven), much to Taj and Trinity's delight (we even have a very muddy creek and a winter dam...as good as the swimming pool as far as they are concerned, me I havn't quite got accustomed to the smell of swamp dog yet, but that is better than sheep and horse poo dog!).

Taj is now 2.5 years old and just the most incredible dog I have ever had. Trini has just turned two and is the light of hubby's life, stubborn, strong willed but such as sweet girl (with people at least, with dogs she takes a while to defrost from being the Ice Queen and has a rather large personal space).

They are both such good dogs, they'll be getting sheep for christmas. About 10 of them:)

And because border collies are addictive, we have expanded our family. By two.

Taj

4078589773_507734f274_o.jpg

Trin

4078587973_3d83821845_o.jpg

4079345140_e80a5ca96d_o.jpg

And because border collies are so addictive...we have expanded our family. By two. :rolleyes:

Bolt (who is actually my daughter's first puppy)

4167412381_9e7a3e6dd2_o.jpg

4168174410_cca2c6580c_o.jpg

And Zeke (who was too cute to leave behind;)

4167412067_9512e4fd08_o.jpg

4167412515_5b8e36e5c9_o.jpg

Sweet puppy breath almost makes the interupted nights sleep worth it. Except when they eat horse poo.

Hi Beth....yeah sometimes life throws you a curve ball...things have settled down really well here now that we are on the farm, LOL the only down side is that our internet connection (reliability, speed and upload/download limits) totally sucks! Lucky I have two new baby bc's to keep me occupied!

Hello,

your dogs and puppies are absolutely beautiful....we too brought home two pups this spring -- brothers! One, like your black and white pup has a target on his rump, though that is fading as his hair grows out. He's a good little guy and can't wait for his own try at sheep herding :rolleyes:. They're nine months old now - no more puppy breath, but a great deal of fun!

Liz

Nice to see you guys again. I always love seeing Taj and Trinity. The new pups are so cute!

Thanks everyone:) Its over 40 degrees celcius here today, so the little tackers are flat out sleeping on the kitchen tiles enjoying the air conditioning;)

Hiya Sam:) We got these two from someone here in Boyup Brook, their mum (Bonnie) is a working farm dog and their dad is Doug Collop's (Mayanup area) 'Doc' who apparently is from eastern states trial bloodlines. The Mayanup Sheepdog club is not far from us, so I am hoping to see him working next year at a trial or two.

We got these two from someone here in Boyup Brook, their mum (Bonnie) is a working farm dog and their dad is Doug Collop's (Mayanup area) 'Doc' who apparently is from eastern states trial bloodlines. The Mayanup Sheepdog club is not far from us, so I am hoping to see him working next year at a trial or two.

Ah, thought they might be related to some of Doug Connop's. He's had some great dogs from all over Australia, and his Glenview dogs are behind most of the trialling dogs here (you'll find some in Trinity's pedigree- and Doug was very successful with Driftz' full brother, Polar)- and as a trialler Doug is an absolute legend here. I haven't heard of Doc though- do you know who owns him now or anything about his breeding? Doug retired from trialling a couple of years ago, but he does come along to have a look at the occasional trial- usually Margaret River or Mayanup. The Mayanup club has moved from its old trial ground this year (unfortunately, it was one of my favourites) and they're holding trials now at Arthur River. I hope it's not permanent, but might be. The Mayanup president has just moved to Boyup Brook though, so I'm sure he'd be able to help you out with training etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the gang, keep us updated.

Love your blog, too!

I don't know who owns Doc (or his breeding), but I would like to contact Doug and find out. Is the Mayanup president Andrew Gorton? Nan gave me his contact details, but I am a bit hesitant to call anyone at the moment with harvest going on, so will wait until after Christmas.

Both pups are already showing keen interest - LOL in the chickens;) Must go, I think our neighbour has come to collect his sheep!

I don't know who owns Doc (or his breeding), but I would like to contact Doug and find out. Is the Mayanup president Andrew Gorton? Nan gave me his contact details, but I am a bit hesitant to call anyone at the moment with harvest going on, so will wait until after Christmas.

Yep. Andrew doesn't crop, so you'd be pretty safe giving him a call now-ish.

Hopefully we'll see you around the trials this year!