BC Boards

Registry Questions

My pup is registered with the AKC :rolleyes: and I would l like to know if he would be eligible to be registered with the ABCA.

I've heard about dual registered dogs , what are the pros and cons of this ? We will mainly do agility, disc and some herding, no conformation or breed shows.

Thanks...

and I would l like to know if he would be eligible to be registered with the ABCA.

I've heard about dual registered dogs , what are the pros and cons of this ?

I don't think that the ABCA accepts the AKC as a valid registry in order to register with the ABCA (could be mistaken though). You don't need to register your dog with anyone to do the sports you wish to do. Even in herding, should you become and open handler and the dog is great, you don't have to have a registered dog. But if it does do that well you can register him ROM (registerd on Merit) with the ABCA.

Cynthia

I have another question kinda related.

What happens when you buy a pup from a guy, and he tells you he will send you the papers, ABCA, and he never does? And its been a year?

I have another question kinda related.

What happens when you buy a pup from a guy, and he tells you he will send you the papers, ABCA, and he never does? And its been a year?

I don't think that can be said on a public forum :rolleyes:

Have you contacted Patti at ABCA yet?

Tea, you have the BOS, you have the pup and you have no papers. Patti can't help? I would not be quiet about this at all...I'd be telling the world actually so this breeder has to come clean or others can be forewarned! I'd also send a copy of all the info, contracts, BOS, correspondences and whathaveyou in a letter to the BOD of ABCA.

I don't think that can be said on a public forum :rolleyes:

Tea, my answer above was in reference to what you should do to the guy, not that you should not bring it up.

Oh heck, I would like to use the Sopranos way to get the papers......lets see here is how it would go

THE MAFIA GETS THE PAPERS BACK (Warning this is a fictional story.) (Our Sheep do not give a cut to the mob.)

Ok Rocko grab da man’s thumb……Now I am a patient man……..I am going to let yoos try to figure dis out on your own, because I am reasonable.-

Dis here dog, we need her papers.

Can’t hear ya

Rocko move your fist outta da guys mouth………..

Dats right dis here dog. Nice doggy

Why yos not send da papers to this lady?

No, dats not a good answer, smart guy.

So now, wat are we goin ta do?

Whataya mean ya don’t know?

Rocko, I can’t unda-stand him because your fist is still in his mouth, move yos fist….

I tink you are goin ta send da papers in ta the nice dog people at ABCA.

Dats right…And ya knows maybe you'll send twice as much, just as a little donation to the nice folks there.

Ya see paly, dats not so hard……Don’t forget now…Or we will be back, brother and not so unda-standing as today.

ok…Let em up Rocko.

Hey, nice wall paper in here, ya know…really high class establishment.

Hey I’ll give ya one more piece of advice, never piss off a sheep dairy. Man dos guys are mean. And dey give us ricotta for free, kinda in exchange for our services.

Ya know?

Capish

Ciao......

------------------------------

Pat told me the owner of the bitch must do this......I even offered to pay for it? I am a little confused. She is a good dog, but wow I never thought this would be a hard thing. I got Sweeps papers almost immediately.

In some ways it doe not matter, as I am not breeding, but it is the ethics, Capish?