BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
KelliePup

Goinf through some old photos

Kellie's first exposure to sheep was spring of last year. My mom went with me to take some pictures, but we didn't very many since it was an indoor arena and pretty dark.

These are the only photos I have of Kellie trying to herd. No one went with me to our lessons to photograph. I came across these again the other day and thought I would share. Even though the day these were taken was a complete bust (I made the mistake of telling Kellie to leave the sheep when she tried to go in while another dog was working), these are still very special to me.

First sight

IMG_1117.jpg

Walking up

IMG_1128.jpg

showing mild interest, but wanting to play

IMG_1127.jpg

I know they're not the best quality...still, they're all I have aside from my memories...

It breaks my heart you lost Kellie so suddenly and unexpectedly...I was shocked to read of it. I hope the happy memories of your times together help heal the void left behind by her loss...and, of course, your new and adorable little bundle of puppy should do well to keep you on your toes! Kellie was such a beautiful girl, and she will be dearly missed...

Thanks Sarah. Even with Kayzie I'm still having a difficult time. Kayzie is a cuddler, and she loves playing all the games Kellie did. Maybe I'm wiser now because Kayzie, after only a month and a half of ownership, already has some 20 commands proofed and about 15 others that I just taught her and we're working on. Compared to Kellie, Kayzie is just so easy, but then I don't have the behavior issues with her that I had with Kellie...and I'm in a much better frame of mind.

With Kellie, more than any of my other dogs, it wasn't the destination, it was the journey...I just can't help but feel that journey was cut way too short. There are very people around me who truely understand why I still cry at night.