BC Boards

And you said Kenzi is pettite, but I didn't realize how small she is until now - that rubber Chuckit ball would almost disapear in Ouzo's mouth :D

And being the competitive little bugger that she is, she tries to fit two balls in her mouth at the same time - It's hilarious!

Ah, I got nuthin', people. It's 90+ degrees here, fall is not even a thought...

You still have a few options

- run down to Publix and get some pumpkins to pose your dogs by

- fall themed bandannas for your pooches

-borrow the costume from Skittles

- photo-shop...

Anda said she wouldn't take excuses... :rolleyes::D

Ah, I got nuthin', people. It's 90+ degrees here, fall is not even a thought...

Yes, it's really starting to get old, too! I'm jealous of everyone's fall weather. Skittles is sort of the color of fall, but that's about as close to fall as I think I'm going to get. :rolleyes:

Love all the shots, though!

Here's my crew from last week. Please note the couple of Fall leaves in the grass, hehe. Aero kept trying to lay on the other dogs everytime I asked him to lay down, so I had to move him away from everyone, you can still see him leaning to his right, ready to lay on his side.

L-R: Jaida, River, Diesel, Aero

4004641507_e038169bfc_o.jpg

WOW - what happened to the tiny Aero? Was he replaced by a bear-sized dog?! :rolleyes:)))

I know! Right? He is laying a little bit more forward then everyone else, but he's a wee hair bigger then Jaida. He's 66lbs and over 25" tall. We're thinking Malamute/BC mix.. if there's any BC in there at all!

I know! Right? He is laying a little bit more forward then everyone else, but he's a wee hair bigger then Jaida. He's 66lbs and over 25" tall. We're thinking Malamute/BC mix.. if there's any BC in there at all!

Wow, really? I always thought Aero was all Border Collie! Maybe not if he's that big! :D Whatever, he's still adorable :rolleyes:

Fall here is a bit cooler, and very dry and brown. But I do have a bit of "fall color":

rasklerob101209007.jpg

rasklerob101209013.jpg

rasklerob101209005.jpg

rasklerob101209009.jpg

And more to come:

rasklerob101209012.jpg

A

Cute fall babies, Anna! We only have squirrels :rolleyes:

Like this one, who was cussing me terribly yesterday for hanging out with the b&w crazy wolf and pointing my lens at him.

4001974470_4a46c39f48.jpg

4001211535_e1d54a96ae.jpg

too cute.. that squrriel is such a tease.. you can see him giving a sly smile!

It's not that fall-y here yet... only a couple of brown trees out of the forest...

4004454753_e7c082f202.jpg

And still warm enough for him to go swimming in the pond

4005220494_b9b146b405.jpg

But he enjoys sniffing for nuts the most

4006100936_45666f19a6.jpg

Loved the lambs and loved the squirrels - and all the Border Collies, of course.

These are older but have the color that we don't have here in abundance yet this year. It will be Dan's turn to pose in fallen leaves with the other dogs this year.

Celt and Megan:

CeltandMeganonhaybaleautumn.jpg

Bute, Celt, and Megan:

IMG_3720.jpg

This weekend would normally have been the weekend of my trial in Minnesota, which occurs at the height of the Fall color (although this year it snowed Saturday morning). Since I am in Vancouver, I had to settle for a hike up one of the local mountains. The trail head is about 7 miles from my dad's place and it's not a long hike, only about 7 km and about 1500ft (not meters) elevation gain from the parking lot (which is at about 1000m/3000') so the whole hike only took three hours or so round trip. But, it's a quick trip into the alpine on a gorgeous Fall day. The whole series, including the bear, are here: Mt. Seymour Hike

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

WOW - beautiful views in the Vancouver area, Pearse!

Sue - love the orange leaves surrounding your dogs!

Peak colors haven't gotten here yet, though it's close.

I'll try to get some new pics in the next days or weeks.

For now, I found this one from a couple years back.

Nothing says fall like Ouzo and changing trees. Great shots. Love 'em.

We haven't had a theme thread in quite a while. And what a better time for one than fall? Let's see your dogs surounded by the magic colors of October - those of you who have fall :rolleyes:

Ouzo's happy with the cooler weather, and I can tell he's planning something in that big brain of his.

3996764274_4e889cb8d1.jpg

Autumn chicken - I hear it tastes like rubber

3993008500_dfa84b4f32.jpg

I showed you mine, now let's see yours!!! :D

Even though this was taken 18 yrs. ago, it's still my favorite fall shot. The colors that October day were breathtaking. The day was magical and to me, this shot captures Pete's essence, a young dog, not quite at his prime but the handsomest dog I'd ever seen.

ForeverPete.jpg

The day after this picture was taken, my dad died and this month is 5 yrs since Petey died. I love October, but in spite of it's beauty, October holds some bittersweet memories for me.

Colors are only beginning to change in the Piedmont of NC. I'll post some as soon as there's something other than green and brown.

Here and gone...

4011193030_938b726a7b.jpg

4010423813_86692d63d2.jpg

4011175206_9cc508e774.jpg

It was getting dark by the time I got out to take any pictures, but here's fall in Kalamazoo..plus our 1st group shot:

First Maverick

164046.jpg

now group shots (the singles I got of Kayzie came out too dark)

164442.jpg

170101.jpg

and Kayzie single

165930.jpg

Not the greatest pictures I've taken, but not bad considering the conditions and I had to lighten them up. Hurray for solid stays!!! I'm going to try to get out tomorrow and get some more pictures...

Spent the weekend in Northern Michigan. Thought I'd share a few fall pictures, too. Photos taken by my husband, except the one he is in.

Enjoy!

View from the back porch.

PrettyFall2009011.JPG

The ever elusive Sky dog.

PrettyFall2009036.JPG

Sandy nose - she loves to dig.

PrettyFall2009037.JPG

Small dog, big world.

PrettyFall2009049.JPG

Her best buddy.

PrettyFall2009072.JPG

Just a little bit crazy. :)