BC Boards

Swafford "rescue" in the news

Pat W.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing all of this just brings tears to my eyes. Although I just got Jude 3 weeks ago, I know I will be looking to add a second dog to my life within the next 5 years. I already know my next dog will be a rescue. I wanted to have the puppy experience, and actually thought for awhile I'd get all puppies over my life course as a border collie owner, but after seeing all of this I know after Jude, my future dog will be a rescue. I pray and know if the dogs are given to legit rescues, they will find amazing homes due to the kindness and love of border collie owners around the US.

So sad to see..

I know everyone is worried about where the dogs are ending up, they are okay. All safe and sound. The HS that is working on the case isn't releasing a lot due to the fact that there is still legal stuff going on.

ETA: check out the link in the post above. It tells exactly where the dogs are.

Olivia

Glen Highland is taking 8 according to their website. We're visiting the farm 10/10 for a rescue visitation. I'm sure none of these 8 would be ready for adopton but a good hug will go a long way I'm sure..

Friends of Pep is taking 4 possibly more depending if we can find temp fosters in KY. currently it appears there are 2 unspoken for. They will be here Sat. My understanding is our dogs are fairly well socialized but, older than some of the others. The person who met tehm for us feels they probably were peoples pets.

• 2 weeks later...

3 of these dogs are currently residing in my home. We (East TN Border Collie Rescue) just met the transport truck and picked up 8 adults and 5 puppies. The three I have are a 6 month old red and white boy, a 6 month old blue merle girl and a very, very sweet adult black and white girl. They are all very social with both myself and each other. The adult girl is a little nervous and lies down when you go to pet her but is all wiggles and jumps when she gets excited. They are settled in for the night and tomorrow will go to the vet for spaying/neutering, vaccinations and deworming. We will be posting pictures of both the pick up in the sonic parking lot at 1:00am and the dogs on our website soon.

Keep your fingers crossed for this group!

Olivia

3 of these dogs are currently residing in my home... We will be posting pictures of both the pick up in the sonic parking lot at 1:00am and the dogs on our website soon.

So obviously I've been on Facebook too much because I was frantically looking for the "Like" button. :rolleyes: Good on ya, and all the other rescuers who stepped up to help these poor dogs. worthy.gif May they all find good homes as cherished family pets.