BC Boards

Cheyenne

Dixie_Girl

She came to me late one, winter night; a little fluff of black fur. She was only 10 days old, her ears were still closed and there was just the smallest of opening in her eyes. I had to use a wet paper towel to get her to pee and poop. I made an emergency formula for her and used my grandson's bottle to feed her. I didn't hold much hope for her, but I had to try. She did amazingly well and never had a single problem. Her first solid food was mashed taters and gravy that she snagged out of my plate. Yes, I was holding her while I ate. She got on the truck when I went back to driving when she was at the tender age of 4 mos. and she acted like she was born to truck! We went everywhere, me and that little dog. She protected me when I had to park in some less than desirable places and kept me company on long nights. She helped me yell at stupid four wheelers and every trip was an adventure for her. Sammy, my cat, was the only animal she was ever around and never learned to like dogs. She tolerated them, and was quite put out when I got Jackson. She said she never asked for a pet. But she tolerated all the animals that came and went through our home. She was the most remarkable dog I had ever known. We had a connection that even as I write this, I cannot explain. She never asked for anything but to be with me or DH. But she gave so much more. She greeted everyone with a tail wag but if she was in the truck, ya better not go near her. She turned into Cujo. She knew just about everything I said to her. I guess on our trips, I did a lot of talking. In a little less than 13 years, she has made a lifetime of memories for me. I will always miss her, but I am glad she is finally out of pain.

Cheyenne, may there be chocolate for you to eat, cows to bark at, and no thunderstorms where you are going. If it is possible, wait for me. I will come for you.

Cheyenne sounds like a truly amazing dog. So sorry that she cannot be next to you physically- sounds like she will always be next to you spiritually.

-----------------

Oh, Linda, I am so sorry for your loss -- I know how you feel, really,

Gentle breezes to you,

Mary NH

*tears* Linda for you and Cheyenne before I go to bed I shall open a window and wish upn a star. then I shall leave a place in the garden for puppies to dance.

*hugs*

Go in peace, my valiant friend. Suffer no more; sweet sleep has come. Be welcomed by our friends; they have blazed a path for you to follow. Wait patiently, for I will join you again, your keen vision restored to lead our way, your strength renewed, for we shall journey on together forever. I learned from your courage in the waning of your days. You fought bravely through the pain, a whimper never passed, always by my side as I was by yours. Your battle is over, our grieving begins. Your place in my soul will always remain filled. So rest now in peace, my gallant companion, knowing how much I loved you and will miss you at my side.

~ Eulogy originally posted by Baby’s Dad when his beloved Zeke crossed over

Via con Dios, Cheyenne.

Thank y'all for your words of comfort. It means a lot to me. We brought her home to bury her next to Sammy. We are going to put a memorial bench out where they are buried and put each of the names of the ones buried there. The bench will look out at the back part of our property which is all woods, and I think it will be a nice place to reflect and remember them.