BC Boards

Blaze 1, Me 0

Lizmo

Blaze and I went out to practice agility today and it was cloudy. I thought, yay, it won't be so dang hot.

We're working on some distants jumping (meaning, jumping further away from me) and he was doing great. Then it started to sprinkle, I thought "well, it's not bad'. LOL

I wanted to work on sending him from my other side so we start that. Then it starts raining harder. Meh, whats a little rain? Hah, it starts pouring HARDER, so we end on a good note, and I'm like "BLAZE! INside the house!"

Now, "IN" means 'get in the pool/lake/pond/water'. Haha, he runs to the pool and jumps in. I'm like 'Blaze wth are you doing?' Then I said "Blaze I said INside the house!" And he just looks at me. . .Then I remembered I had said Blaze 'IN the house' *facepalm*

Way to go, Blaze, for listening to your crazy onwer. :rolleyes:

Blaze and I went out to practice agility today and it was cloudy. I thought, yay, it won't be so dang hot.

We're working on some distants jumping (meaning, jumping further away from me) and he was doing great. Then it started to sprinkle, I thought "well, it's not bad'. LOL

I wanted to work on sending him from my other side so we start that. Then it starts raining harder. Meh, whats a little rain? Hah, it starts pouring HARDER, so we end on a good note, and I'm like "BLAZE! INside the house!"

Now, "IN" means 'get in the pool/lake/pond/water'. Haha, he runs to the pool and jumps in. I'm like 'Blaze wth are you doing?' Then I said "Blaze I said INside the house!" And he just looks at me. . .Then I remembered I had said Blaze 'IN the house' *facepalm*

Way to go, Blaze, for listening to your crazy onwer. :rolleyes:

An excellent example of how Border Collies pick up on language. :D.

Either that, or he wanted a swim :D.

Liz

This happens to me all the time.

I was moving the dairy cows to a new paddock yesterday, and they (all 2 of them) were way down at the bottom of the field, the gate is at the top. The younger one comes tromping up, but the older (more opinionated) one didn't move. I grumbled to myself, "Oh, come on, you stupid cow!" and next thing I see is Nick barreling down the field on a Come Bye outrun! The dairy cows are not strictly dog broke, but it worked & Nick happily brought the red cow up the field.

It's tough when your dog is smarter than you are, eh? :rolleyes:

Edited to make that dairy cows. Diary cows: cows who write in secret journals hidden from younger siblings & parents?