BC Boards
Snorri the Priest

D'uh! There goes the neighbourhood!

This wrecker is Thorgeir the Lawsayer, successor to the late, great Snorri the Priest, who died last October, aged 10. A stroke, we think :rolleyes: Like Snorri, Thorgeir was born on a farm, here in the islands (a poultry farm, NOT a puppy farm). He is lively and noisy.

Snorri

100_0523.jpg

Sorry to hear about Snorri but very grateful to see you are doing well and taking on the challenge of a pup!

Very best wishes!

Cute pup! I'm sorry to hear about Snorri's death, and I wish you'd come around more often and share your pictures and stories with us.

J.

So sorry to hear about Snorri - 10 is not anywhere near old enough!I must say that Thorgeir looks like he is up for the challenge to steal your heart away :rolleyes:

Despite the advent of Thorgeir, I miss my Snorri more than I can say - he was an amazingly special wee lad. Whatever it was that took him was very swift - from start to death, about 4 minutes :rolleyes: We suspect that it was a stroke, or similar. At 10, we thought he was still too young to take vivitonin (a medicine that improves blood circulation in the brain). A shame, it might have saved him :D

Vivitonin was recommended to me by a vet friend, who never saw a Border Collie suffer a stroke if it was getting vivitonin. It seems that older BCs can be prone to strokes, so I recommend that you consult your veterinarians about it as your dog advances in years.

It is not cheap (especially if you get it from your vet), but you can buy it online for a lot less:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/pet-care/vi...868c3909400c42e OR

http://www.inhousedrugstore.co.uk/pet-care/vivitonin.html

The top one works in US $, the second works in GB £.

Thorgeir is a typical BC terrorist, all vocal cords and teeth, but he's at least contemplating civilisation, from a safe distance!

Snorri

Haven't been around the Boards lately - but how very nice to pop in today and see you posting Snorri - although I was very sorry to read that you had lost your lovely Snorri. It's such a shock when they go quickly - although it does save us from having to make that dread decision. You will certainly miss Snorri - he always seemed to be such a special dog.

I'm so glad you have Thorgeir around to keep you honest. He looks a smart lad. While they never replace the ones who have gone, it is lovely to have a new chapter starting. I'm in the same situation, after losing my goofy Fergus to accidental poiisoning - also in October - aged only 6 and a half. Kirra and I now have Rory, who came at 10 weeks and has just turned 9 months. Luckily for us, he is the nicest pup - lovely to have around. Raising a pup certainly keeps us on our toes, though.