BC Boards

An update on Lexi's cat problem

We spent a week house-sitting for a friend who has a cat. After a few hours of harsher-than-normal corrections (I really got in her face), she completely stopped any stalking behavior. She still watched the "cat channel", but seemed content to watch and not act (see photos!). The cat was also particularly a tease - she'd strut up to Lexi and lick her nose or swat at it. But after a week Lexi was pretty content to hang out near the cat. I still don't trust her in general around cats yet, but this has to be an improvement! :rolleyes: Thanks for all your tips. They've been helpful. I'll keep working on it.

post-10161-1245806841_thumb.jpg

post-10161-1245807042_thumb.jpg

post-10161-1245807054_thumb.jpg

post-10161-1245807190_thumb.jpg

post-10161-1245807201_thumb.jpg

The cat was also particularly a tease - she'd strut up to Lexi and lick her nose or swat at it. But after a week Lexi was pretty content to hang out near the cat. I still don't trust her in general around cats yet, but this has to be an improvement! :rolleyes:

Cats can be such a riot. Congrats on the improvement! Based on Lexi's intense stare, I wouldn't trust her around cats either. In those photos at least, she doesn't look like she is hanging out (much too focused and looks like coiled energy) but she is certainly using self-control. :D