BC Boards

Update on Cheyenne

I just talked to the vet. Cheyenne is going to be fine! He said her uterous is suppose to be the size of a pencil and hers was about 2.5 inches around and full of puss! He said there was no evidence of further cancer and that it had not gone into her lungs. He said the x-rays showed a little arthritis but none that would be unusual given her age. He has her on antibiotics for 10 days and will take the stiches out in 14. I am so relieved!

I don't have enough words to tell y'all what all your wishes prayers and thoughts meant to me. I cried over them all. Y'all are just the greatest! Thank you so much for being there.

Now, go hug your dogs, y'all are just awesome.

That's great news! I'm happy to hear it, I didn't want to say in the other thread that I lost my Collie to pyometra, yes, she was old, but I always wondered if I could have bought her a few extra years/months had I spayed her. Talk about kicking yourself in the butt with a big boot!

So great news! I'm very happy for you both.

Maria

Yes! Yes! Yes! I am sooo happy for you both, now just get well, little one!!!!

Thank y'all! Cheyenne is home now and it is so amazing to see the difference in her already! It was such a comfort to have everyones well wishes and prayers. So far it all looks good. Now if I can just get Jackson to keep his nose out of her, uh, hiney! :rolleyes: Thanks again y'all!

Maria, I am so sorry for you. I know it must have been hard for you. The doc did tell us it was sometimes fatal. It was kind of you to reach out to me and Cheyenne when you went through the same thing, but with a different outcome. Thank you for that. I will tell you like I was told, you do what you can at the time, then do better next time. Hugs for you, and use a soft boot!

I am hoping for a pup this spring/summer and I assure everyone, this one will be spayed asap!

Dixie_girl...Glad to here good news about Cheyenne getting better. Cheyenne is lucky to have you!

I always enjoy reading your posts and replies to mine. You always make alot of sense.

Also because you once had a dog also named Bandit makes you special to me!

Thank y'all! I do appreciate the kind thoughts! It is getting late and I must be off to bed. I have been babying her all night! Fed her some turkey meat. She doesn't feel up to dog food yet, but I figured what the heck, she needs some kind of nourishment. She has just been laying in the bedroom, looking so sad. But the doc said it would be like that a few days. To think that 24 hrs. ago, I was thinking the worst.

Lance, thank you so much, that was awful sweet to say, but don't let everyone find out! :rolleyes: My Bandit was a "throw away" dog. Someone in the neighborhood moved and left him. I saw him running around with different kids for about a month. I asked a neighbor about him and she said he had been running loose for about 6wks. Different kids would take him home but the parents would after a few days, chuck him out again. And it was winter, and he was only 4mos old! So I took him in, took him to the vet and he was such a part of our lives. He knew many tricks and was a faithful companion to my son. He had a birth defect in his heart. The part that seperates the two sides of his heart was weak. It was just a matter of time. The doc said there was no way to know. If Bandit had been into the vet the day before, he wouldn't even have known. I buried him in the backyard of our old house. But I kept his baby teeth, some hair from the tip of his tail and some from behind his ear. Also his collar and tags. Sorry to go on about him but, going through what I just did with Cheyenne, it just brought back the memories of him. He was truly a great dog.

Well, good night all. Thank you again for kind words, good thoughts and prayers. And thank you for being here when I needed you. I will keep all with ailments of their own and of their fur babies in my prayers tonight. Thank you again, and God bless.