BC Boards

Introduction a bit overdue

Hi all. I joined here awhile ago but have been feeling shy and so have hit-and-run posted a few comments, but that's about it. I figure an introduction would be appropriate at this point, so here goes.

My name is Katie. I have two six-year-old rescue pit bulls named Luce and Mushroom. Luce was supposed to be an obedience/rally/agility dog but two knee surgeries later, she still limps and is uncomfortable sitting for long periods. We do what we can but she will always have limitations, and agility is out. (Mushroom is a professional couch-holder-downer.)

This past November I brought home the Border Collie puppy who is supposed to be the end-all-be-all sports puppy (bwahahaha!) He's a good little dog and I adore him. He's a lot of fun. He's been so different than the pits in some ways and so much the same in others. He's my first puppy, so that has been an incredible learning experience, and I've been enjoying him so much. He's easier in some ways to train and harder in others. I worship at the altar of Control Unleashed with this little dog. Hard core.

Anyway, I enjoy reading the posts here and hope that my mismatched little herd of dogs and I will be welcome here :rolleyes:

familyportrait051009c.jpg

Luce, Mushroom, and Steve.

steve7mos.jpg

Steve at 7 months.

(Mushroom is a professional couch-holder-downer.)

Welcome Katie! I have 3 border collies and 1 pit bull....Your comment about your professional couch holder downer made me laugh because I usually tell people that our pit is home holding the couch down.....They must be related-LOL! By the way I LOVE Steve's ears!

Janet

OK, my first thought? How cool is the name Mushroom? :rolleyes:

I can't take credit for it as he came with that name, nor can I take credit for his ILP name, which is Siren's Shiitake Happens. But a more perfect name there never was.

You guys are killing me with the ear comments! :D I was so happy when both his ears were standing full prick, and then the left one decided to go all airplaney and I've got an asymmetrical dog. It annoys me endlessly, but so many people absolutely love them. The left one does stand when he's really intense about something (usually his flirtpole).

I can't take credit for it as he came with that name, nor can I take credit for his ILP name, which is Siren's Shiitake Happens. But a more perfect name there never was.

You guys are killing me with the ear comments! :rolleyes: I was so happy when both his ears were standing full prick, and then the left one decided to go all airplaney and I've got an asymmetrical dog. It annoys me endlessly, but so many people absolutely love them. The left one does stand when he's really intense about something (usually his flirtpole).

Trust me, the way the ears go is only a matter of personal opinion - as long as there are two and the dog can hear with them, they are perfect! I think they are fabulous, myself. I'm totally envious and, if you saw my pup's ears right now, you'd understand why...

Yay! :D You're welcome in my book, cause you know how much I love Steve! :rolleyes: (Plus, I've got a pretty mismatched crew too)

So now that I frequent two forums you go on, I'll require double the pictures. :D

You guys are killing me with the ear comments! :rolleyes: I was so happy when both his ears were standing full prick, and then the left one decided to go all airplaney and I've got an asymmetrical dog. It annoys me endlessly, but so many people absolutely love them. The left one does stand when he's really intense about something (usually his flirtpole).

Haha, I didn't know that. I *sooo* wanted Blaze to have standy-upy (my mom named them that :D) ears when he was younger, but now I dont care, I actually like his crazy ears. :D

OMG KATIE!!

Congrats on Steve's rally win!! It's so great you're here on the Boards. My new guy Smoky is following in Steve's footsteps training-wise except that you two are miles ahead of us. We're following your progress closely... :rolleyes::D

[Katie's blog is super, by the way.]

Hi, Paula!! Hi, Jan!! Hi, Sue!! Hi, all!