BC Boards

Average puppy size?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At 6 months, Ouzo is just shy of 20 inches. Three weeks ago, at the vet, he was 32 lbs. Now he's somewhere at 36-38 lb.

Big boy He's not fat at all, check his "wet" pictures, he looks like a wet cat

Full grown at about a year or just over but still the joints are not done "closing up" until later (14 months or so).

At about 9-10 months they are usually (USUALLY!!) as tall as they will get but then fill out, put on some more muscle, start to look less "puppy like" and therefore get a few extra pounds but not too much.

Today Ouzo went to the vet because of another case of giardia (!) picked up from a lake.

He is 40.6 lb at 6 months. It's official. He's going to become a giant!

And consider that he's very moody about eating his dog food, regardless of the brand.

He devaours treats and anything he can steal: This morning he stole the two sandwiches I prepared to take to work for lunch. He ate them both, napkins included

It was hialrious when I had to explain why I was late for work: "My dog ate my lunch and I had to make another set of sandwiches". Everyone started laughing, of course

Poppy was 14lbs at 12 weeks old and is now 19 lbs at 14 weeks old. He is on the leaner side but looks thick.

thanks I just switched to this more recent pic of him as he is now almost 4 mos and in the old av he was only like 8 wks