BC Boards

Average puppy size?

I know that there can be a HUGE variation in size with puppies AND adults.

I'm just curious as to the size that other folks puppies are/were at the 3 months?

Dash is 14 weeks old today and is just a hair under 16 inches tall.

A week ago (at 13 weeks obviously :rolleyes: ) he weighed 17.5 lbs.

At about 3 months - I think that Dazzy was something like 14 inches at the shoulder and only around 10-12 pounds.

She is my first BC so I don't know for sure - but a lot of people said that she WAS a smaller pup and was also just growing slowly.

I'll have to see what River weighs when she goes in on Friday (14wks). At 12 wks she was only 8.9lbs. She's nice and 'agility' lean. She's getting leggy'ier, but I just measured her and she's 12" at 13wks.

I'll check again on Friday.

Of course, I have no proof as to her exact age. I was told she was 8 wks when I got her, but she's from a backyard litter who didn't provide much info other then, 'this is mom, that is dad'.

Her parents aren't small, they looked avg BC height to me. All the litter pups were the same size except for 1 male that was much larger then the rest.

Dazzy -at only 8 weeks - was more like 4.5 to 5 pounds (she was the runt).

And by 6 months she was around 20 pounds and 17" tall.

Now she is 10 months, close to 32 pounds and 19" tall. (I wish that she was just an INCH shorter! Think of what she could do in the agility ring! :rolleyes: )

Kat - Sounds like Dazzy is Zoe's size! :rolleyes: But she's an inch shorter, at least at 6 months... I was planning to do agility, I never thought about the high limits. Maybe she won't have to compete against all you border collies, give her an actual chance.

True, but for those of us thinking AKC and NADAC.....

Optimum BC hight is 18" - then you get to compete with the shelties and the little dogs!! :rolleyes:

ahh well, by the time she is old enough to compete, she should be good enough

(but will I??? )

There's only one agility training/competing place near here (and it's like over 30 minutes away, yuck), but I don't know what they're through. I should go check. Zoe shouldn't be more than 18" when she's fully grown... well, considering she looks half sheltie, that's about right. :rolleyes:

Good enough?? Hahaha, I'm just hoping we both figure out enough to stay in the ring. She'll be my first agility dog!