BC Boards

Ankle nipper

Well, since you went back and edited your post to delete your quoting of Kristine, it is pointless to argue. Deleting and changing parts of your posts after you have been taken to task for them is completely dishonest.

I didn't edit anything, it's still up there. go look.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not an insult. Who says i was refering to Kristine? I didn't mention her and I didn't quote her. When I quote, as you can see in any of my posts, I use the . I use crate training too, with unsupervised untrained pups, as part of the training. I did'nt say this was a bad method, and agian, I didn't insult anyone. I said there were people here who bashed my methods and said they didn't work, and those same people cannot leave their dogs alone. I didn't say Kristine was who I was talking about. I didn't even read her post when I made mine, most likely she posted it as I was typing mine. Other people here have said that, as well as the "bite my finger off" remark.

Oh good grief. Never mind.

J.

Just for the record.

All four of my dogs are loose in the house even when we aren't there, and they don't destroy things. They got the idea without ever being told that what they were doing was "wrong" in any way. They still enjoy chewing on their bones and toys, although none of them are big into chewing anymore.

Whether you were referring to me or not, Julie and Laura are correct. Once my dogs are trustworthy in the house, they are no longer crated when we are not home.

That certainly bears repeating.

That's great Kristine. I'm happy for your dogs. I'm glad your methods work for you. Honestly, I use many of those same methods, I use positive association, but I also use correction. Just how I do it.

That's not an insult. Who says i was refering to Kristine? I didn't mention her and I didn't quote her.

Again, you're being dishonest. The first iteration of your post quoted Kristine saying

this is my own fault for leaving the dog loose with the pillow. If the dog were crated (when alone) or properly supervised, it would not have happened.

I'm done responding to you because you lie.

Too bad you were lying when you said you would stop posting.

When did I say I'd stop posting Laurie? I said, in another thread, that I would quit going back to that thread and would find another thread to talk about dogs in, because I love talking about dogs. I did end up going back to that thread thoug to defend some personal attacks on my charecter that someone pm'd me about, so I guess your right, I'm a liar. Wow, step one: check. What are the other 11 again? I really want to become a better person like you, instead of a liar. Oh wait a tick, that was an insult. You insulted me. Oh gosh, looks like you're a hypocrite. Well now i just don't know who can help me, the liar.

No. I would not punish this.

If the dog is not ready to be loose with an object like a pillow, this is my own fault for leaving the dog loose with the pillow. If the dog were crated (when alone) or properly supervised, it would not have happened.

How would I handle it? I would take the pillow away and give the dog something appropriate to chew or tear. If the pillow is fixable, I would sew it up, wash it, and put it up until the dog is ready to have access to it and know it is not a chew toy. If the pillow is ruined, I throw it in the trash.

Chewing is a very appropriate activity for a dog and it is my job to provide the dog with appropriate items to chew and to teach the dog what is appropriate for the dog to chew on.

What designates "this is a dog toy" and "this is not?" I really don't have the time, nor the energy to go around correcting a dog for trying to chew on everything possible. I prefer to dog proof the house sufficiently and then spend my time and energy teaching the dog what is his to chew on.

I must do something right. All four of my dogs are loose in the house even when we aren't there, and they don't destroy things. They got the idea without ever being told that what they were doing was "wrong" in any way. They still enjoy chewing on their bones and toys, although none of them are big into chewing anymore.

Thanks! That clears up some questions I was having about the 'no punishment' thing. :rolleyes: